Power line vs guru ngauge

Dusty

I swapped to Guru N-Gauge this year and it is outstanding line. I used Preston previously and think the Guru stuff is better.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
I may have got some duff spools of power line and there were a lot of rough patches in it so that went in the bin.
Now I only use two rig lines Stroft GTM and Guru NGauge, I’ve not had a problem with either of them.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Another happy Guru N Gauge user.

trotter2

What's better about the guru than the gtm. Not used guru so interested in what people like about it

Dusty

What's better about the guru than the gtm. Not used guru so interested in what people like about it

Ive never used GTM so can’t comment on that.
The Guru line is very abrasion resistant and strong. I use 0.17 on most of my summer carp rigs and I don’t think I’ve been broke off yet this year.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
As I say I use both GTM and NGauge both are good lines.
Both knot well and both are fairly supple, just having the confidence in both if I can’t get one I’ll use the other.

jasonb

Account Locked
What's the difference then between rig line and hook length line then? Do you guys use expensive rigg/hook length line all the way through on there rigs then?

Tom W

What's the difference then between rig line and hook length line then? Do you guys use expensive rigg/hook length line all the way through on there rigs then?

I don't know about other people, but at present I'm using NGauge for both rig/hook length. I know Guru also do the fluorocarbon stuff which is supposed to be excellent, but being a beginner I wasn't sure how much more effective it would be compared to the normal mono and the price was also a consideration.