Power cut

stikflote

Site Supporter
Just having m,y dinner and the power went off , spent ten minutes looking for torch,
went to meter main Circuit switch was tripped but none of the other breakers were tripped

switched it all back on it lasted. about ten mins did this about four times, so went round house and switched every plug and socket off
then tried putting em all back on .
Every thing seems to working Except. the boiler and central heating,will not fire up the power light on it is lit
tried switching it on and off , no good it was only serviced last week .

IM not sure it is the boiler that causing problem ,so any advice is welcome
keith

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Turn the Central heating temperature knob anticlockwise to the “RESET” position and hold for approximately five seconds and then turn the knob back to the original temperature setting

See if that works

stikflote

Site Supporter
HAi Dave
I will try that in the morning because at the moment i have all the lights on that i need and Imac ,
so dont want the lights out

every thing working except the CH will let you know how it goes ,

stikflote

Site Supporter
RE Power cut. its seems its the Boiler, thats tripping all the power off as .its tripping main fuse ,thats why all other circuit
are not tripping out

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It will be the RCD on the board that's tripping - call the guy back out that serviced the boiler

stikflote

Site Supporter
WE have found that the pump is leaking , it wasnt leaking when he serciced it last week, i think its dripping on to electrics,
he did say when he serviced boiler that the pump was noisy ,but if it lasted it would be better to have it done in the summer ,when you dont need heat

stikflote

Site Supporter
Had new pump and some valves a few other bits all ok now, cost me£300. ouch