Potential Barbel match - Fiskerton - Sept 2023

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
If i were to try an arrange something, would people be interested? I'm looking at the BDAAS stretch, the easily accessible pegs from the clapper gate downstream to the cattle drink depending on numbers.

Good chance of a Barbel in the daytime here so should be interesting :)

Regards rules it'll just be fishery rules and then some sensible rules related to Barbel fishing like being able to use 2 rods if you so wish, Keepnets allowed but no Barbel over a certain size, unhooking mats to be used etc.

I say september because it seems to be a good time to catch (has been this year and last) so hopefully it'll be nice and mild and everyone will be in with a chance of a fish.

I'll look to enquire soon, so if anyone wants to register their interest for now please post below :D

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Hopefully in the first 2 weeks of September @Dave either a Saturday or Sunday depending on what people prefer 🤔

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
I've sent a message over to BDAAS enquiring about booking a match, so i'm hopeful i'll hear back next week.

I've enquired about booking every other peg from the clapper gate heading downstream to give everyone enough room to use 2 rods should they so wish. I'm looking at possibly 16 of us fishing so that's 32 pegs i'll book.

Some pegs are better spaced than others (i think) but i'll check tomorrow when i fish there. Might be able to get more MD'ers fishing if some pegs are spaced nicely.

Paul22

Think I’d like to return to the Trent I keep threatening to do it so yes I’d go 👍

Mr_Moo

Site Supporter
I'm definitely game for this.

Though, maybe stick to some 'match style' regulations and use one line with hook in the water only? A 2nd could be used for feeding only. Just a thought.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Well I had a response. I can't book until 1st Jan for next year and it will be £10 per peg so that probably rules out booking twice as many pegs, don't imagine people wanting to pay £20+ to enter a social knock up / match 😆

So looks like one rod only, pegs are a little close to have 2 rods out what with mine and @Scribe wayward casting 😂

I do like the idea of baiting up with a 2nd rod should people choose and confident enough with it.

Arch

Site Supporter
Well I had a response. I can't book until 1st Jan for next year and it will be £10 per peg so that probably rules out booking twice as many pegs, don't imagine people wanting to pay £20+ to enter a social knock up / match 😆

So looks like one rod only, pegs are a little close to have 2 rods out what with mine and @Scribe wayward casting 😂

I do like the idea of baiting up with a 2nd rod should people choose and confident enough with it.

Are Barnsley taking the mick, Rich ??

A day ticket is only £6. I was always under the impression match fees were slightly lower than day ticket prices because it was guaranteed money. Might as well send someone down to the shop and buy 16 or 32 tickets before the start.