Posting floats

rudd

Site Supporter
Hi all, any tips for posting floats? Have so many need to sell a few.
Have no tubes but thinking of wrapping in bubble wrap, then carboard into a waterproof anti rip envelope.
Or better to buy tubes? If so where from?
Anyone have experience in selling/posting floats?

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Cut a section out of an old plastic milk bottle and make a tube with loads of tape , have you never watched Blue Peter ?

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
You could even make it the right diameter for a milk bottle top to fit in top and bottom for more rigidity

Nicky Dodds

Buy a strip of polytube from B&Q (about £4 or so) and cut into lengths - should get 5-6 at least from one tube. Tape up the ends with duck tape, stick the address on and post! This was my method when sending floats during my BGT.com days.
Same as. Or check your silver foil drawer as there may be a stiff cardboard tube lurking in there. Or straight sections of those old top kit tubes that have warped and are propped up in the corner of the garage.

rudd

Site Supporter
Some good ideas above ?
Have a length or two of 1inch pvc pipe in loft and various bits of plastic/packing in the shed!

pies

Site Supporter
This is all Gaz and Nick use to post floats to me. Just a tiny amount of bubblewrap inside

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 5

adriang

Site Supporter
I recently got some floats from Rizov, they were in short pieces of ducting, the stuff used to armour electrical cable when it is buried.

Package from DH was in a small cardboard box, then packed with (machine) shredded scrap paper.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Pringle tubes work well. Or old holdall tubes.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Let me know if you have any old stick floats for sale mate, especially Benny Ashurst and Pete Warren.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Depends how long they are, but short ones will fit in plastic take away tubs with lids.

rudd

Site Supporter
Thanks for replies - just need to sort floats! Being a hkarder it will be hard?

DomCrtr1975

An Idiot looking for his Village!
...another thought, what about Smarties, Fruit Pastilles and other sweets that come in a tube? - at lest you get to enjoy something before posting!

GeoffW

Site Supporter
If you keep the packet less than 25mm thick, you get away with large letter rate.
Less than half the price of small packet...?