Postcard from Hell >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All,

Just to let you know I'm back from: A quiet, relaxing resort, in idylic surroundings with access to fine restaurants, scenic views and warm welcomes

What a misrepresentation

Here is our version: A noisy hell hole, construction starts at 8.00am every morning and goes on 'till 6.30pm, food prepared with the culinary expertise of the same navvy chef who just finished in the site canteen, look through the tower cranes for a view of the next site, as long as your wallet is open you will receive a lukewarm welcome, It'll be lovely when it's finished

Everywhere you went you met an extension of Rip off Britain, it cost about the same for a pint of Spanish beer as it does over here for a decent pint, which just about goes for anything, the locals come from the UK, and as one ex-pat explained when I enquired about the local Comet store: "Nothing is genuine on this island, except the prices". Even the Comet electrical store was a copy even down to the store signs and slogans. Apparently, if they are caught out they just change it to something else like Curry's and so on. And if I ever see another Lucky Lucky, Asda price Del Boy man, well even his mother would have a job recognising him
. Want a time share??

Apart from that little grumble, the weather was fine

I didn't get any fishing done but saw some Mullet aroungd the 10-12lb mark !

Got to go for the time being and check my e-mails, read the other post, etc
quote:Dave is going to wonder what has been going on in his absense,teach him to go off and leave us.....

Dave

FAQ: Can I be notified by e-mail when there are new posts ?
Yes, the 'Subscribe to' feature allows you to subscribe to individual Categories, Forums and Topics. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when a post has been made.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome back Dave,
So you had a lovely time then?if you want to go back i can do you a deal on a timeshare.If you look closely it's the one on the right of the second crane........

Good to see you're back,
Peter

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Edited by - peter on 27 Oct 2001 5:39:25 PM

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cheers Peter, I'll give it a miss though

I was replying to Alans post at the same time and nearly crashed into yours

Dave

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
On the subject of time shares...

To the right of the hotel, there was another large building site that was being made into timeshares. All week, droves of taxis were turning up with couples to 'collect their prizes'. What they weren't aware of was that the banks had foreclosed the loans to the company involved as the building had been declared unsafe and not built to construction standards. (Without a spirit level you could see where it was twisted and the main supports were bowed!)
The company were still encouraging people to buy into the place, knowing that it had been condemned and that a demolition order was being placed upon it!

An ex-pat landlady warned us to stay well clear, as she did her customers because the intention of the company was to sell enough shares to repay the bank and then move on, leaving the authorities to pick up the pieces. Under Spanish law though, the contract is entirely between the seller and the buyer.

It's a case of Buyer Beware.

Anyway, on a lighter note... whats been happening in the fishing world whilst I've been away, my usual sources of news have been quiet?

Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave

No offence mate but i'll stick with what i know
Britain may be a rip off mate but we don't have to put up with dodgy guts n vindaloo backside

Here you know how much ya gonna get ripped off & i don't like the idea of giving money to a foriegn goverment anyway (hence my being against this single europe thing).

Alan
insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over

Terri

I agree with you Alan

2 years ago I went on a holiday to Turkey and half of me came back, the other 1/2 ended up indaloo. For 2 weeks afterwards i was poorly and vowed never to go again. The weather may not be good all the time in good ol blimey but at least you know what you are paying for.

Anyway sorry about the holiday Dave but at least the weather sounded good

Terri

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote: No offence mate but i'll stick with what i know

None taken at all

I think the biggest culprit in the rip-off is the holiday company, comparing the description to the reality I'm beginning to think that we got on the wrong plane.
There's a lot more to the tale starting the morning when we set off late and being stopped by West Yorkshire's finest constabulary for excessive use of velocity on the way to the airport.... luckily he was a nice, forgiving chap...

any more??

Dave

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sounds as if there could be a book in this holiday,or maybe a TV sitcom..........

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.