Post a random image (3)

Mitomaniac

Site Supporter
Nice, early 70's? Great restoration job.:upthumb:
That one is indeed and the other is a mid 60s ish from memory. All I know is I’m glad I won’t have to try and take apart 40 year old seized parts when they’re done 🤣

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Unfortunately it’s my father in laws not mine but it’s one of 2 being brought back to life
5DBD2525-C583-4073-BE39-6FCA2B9A7F7C.jpeg
Looks like new.

JayBee

Unfortunately it’s my father in laws not mine but it’s one of 2 being brought back to life
5DBD2525-C583-4073-BE39-6FCA2B9A7F7C.jpeg
That is gorgeous, and brings back so many memories of regularly driving one of these in the mid/late 1960's.
The one I used had the multipower option and oversize industrial rear tyres which were ballasted (extra weiht and grip).
Fabulous device and the best all round tractor in the neighbourhood.

Mitomaniac

Site Supporter
That is gorgeous, and brings back so many memories of regularly driving one of these in the mid/late 1960's.
The one I used had the multipower option and oversize industrial rear tyres which were ballasted (extra weiht and grip).
We have the loader and the ballasted wheels for the rear (full of water) just chose to leave them off and took the brackets off for the loader whilst doing the work as it makes a better looking tractor.

Hopefully next week I can get a picture of both of them together

JayBee

We have the loader and the ballasted wheels for the rear (full of water) just chose to leave them off and took the brackets off for the loader whilst doing the work as it makes a better looking tractor.

Hopefully next week I can get a picture of both of them together
Without foreloader brackets....looks better.....but with the loader (can't remember the make, but it was yellow) made a very versatile tractor.
Of course to balance the loader when doing serious work, the obligatory concrete two hooked lump hung off the three point linkage at the rear.
The M-F hydraulics at the time destroyed the equivalent Fords, 135 vs Ford 3000 no contest.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
You were lucky,when I worked on the farm after leaving school in the early sixties I drove a small Fordson,no driving licence and it wouldn't pull a rapist of your grannie,a folded corn sack on the metal seat as a cushion but I still loved the job,being young and strong the jobs came easy,mostly outdoors,the one job I hated was being sent to cut a load of Kale on a frosty morning for the milk cows who were kept indoors,the problem with the job was that the money was rubbish and it didn't impress the girls when I told them I was a farmhand,probably one up on the social scale from a dustbin man, I had to smile when my stepdaughter who works for Agri related how she'd 'driven' a tractor on one of the farms she visited,the farmer set the GPS and Ali just sat there in an air conditioned cab !