Post a random image (2)

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Egg free eggs anyone?

follow.your-heart-vegan-egg-replacer.png
At least this one is clearly labelled. I.e. you cant read the word egg by mistake without seeing the word vegan. Unlike some of the sausage and burger versions that aren't so clearly labelled.

So that does it. I think it's time to launch a new range of Vegan-style products. First will be the vegan-style nut roast, it will look and taste the same as a vegan nutroast, but will contain meat. If they can use names from traditional meaty products then surely we can do the same as well? Meat-free style burger containing meat anyone?

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
At least this one is clearly labelled. I.e. you cant read the word egg by mistake without seeing the word vegan. Unlike some of the sausage and burger versions that aren't so clearly labelled.

So that does it. I think it's time to launch a new range of Vegan-style products. First will be the vegan-style nut roast, it will look and taste the same as a vegan nutroast, but will contain meat. If they can use names from traditional meaty products then surely we can do the same as well? Meat-free style burger containing meat anyone?

cfee361e73585bbe67c706d541d14b8f.jpg

Chervil

Site Supporter

Just looked up the price, £7.20 for 114g. I then weighed an egg from the fridge, 59g. so it works out at £3.60 per egg.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Just looked up the price, £7.20 for 114g. I then weighed an egg from the fridge, 59g. so it works out at £3.60 per egg.
I think it's some sort of powder you mix up to make the egg replacement. The box claims to make up 10-12 eggs worth of mixture. Online reviews are mixed (?) and apparently the stuff smells rancid. So 5 stars all round.