Post a random image (2)

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I do wonder what happens to the lighting equipment etc. On the one hand it's valuable so could be auctioned off to make some dosh, on the other hand the only people likely to buy it are dodgy growers. I presume it's destroyed, but it seems like a waste if that is indeed the case.

For the average gardener, hydroponics do not make economic sense - the cost of the set-up is never going to be recouped by increasing your tomato crop. I used to get a few bits and pieces from my local hydroponic shop for my chillies since they were cheaper than most for some essentials. Every time I went in there I got the distinct impression I was the only one interested in growing vegetables.
All the equipment can be bought legally. Just don't say where you're using it.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
All the equipment can be bought legally. Just don't say where you're using it.
I know that... it's just the thought that the police close down a grow house and come out with 60 lights, 15 ballasts, wiring, pumps, pipe, feed reservoirs, feed etc. Suppose it's worth £10K second hand. Is it morally right to sell it, knowing the most likely use would be to set up another growing facility?

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
And to finish off...

I popped down to the hydroponic shop on one occasion to get some trays I think. Parked outside was a young gentleman of afro-Caribbean descent, dressed in designer clothing, thick gold chain round the neck, gold capped teeth, driving a fairly new Jaguar which contained the most expensive satellite phone I've ever seen. He emerged shortly afterward with a 150m roll of reflective material and off he went. I bet he must grow the best tomatoes in Hertfordshire.

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
all the fans, ballast, lights are broken - fans filled with high density foam, ballasts hit with a hammer to destroy internal compnents, leads cut off , switches broken, lamps are removed and taken away, fittings again filled with high density foam, usable plants removed, fertilizer and culture medium normally left.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Not sure what happened but house is back occupied. But maybe now paying for the electric. Must of been a clever outfit if they dug the path up outside to connect to the electric before it came into house. The thing is a few neighbours seen a bloke and a young lass come out quite regular and I mean junior school age

62tucker

Site Supporter
A lot of roofs with no snow on is s**t insulation and heating blasting.
Some around mine. Council ones must have top grade insulation in.
Some that have been bought haven’t topped there’s up.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
A few years ago the plod in Cornwall discovered a field of weed growing in a plot adjacent to the coastal path between Mousehole and Lamorna Cove. Basically it was hidden in plain sight. It was only discovered when the police helicopter crew were out looking for a lost walker.