Post a random image (2)

crackatoa

Site Supporter
The Police Helicopter picks a lot on em out with the Heat seeker Camera.
I was in Lancaster just before Christmas and saw 2 lads emptying plant pots from a property onto the back of a Transit Pick-up. The truck had boards on the side so they could get more on. There were hundreds of empty 12" diameter pots. Turns out these lads have a contract to empty out any 'Grows' that have been busted. I asked what they had done with the plants and lighting but they said that wasn't their job. They also wouldn't say what they did with the compost but said the pots were free if anyone wanted any.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I was in Lancaster just before Christmas and saw 2 lads emptying plant pots from a property onto the back of a Transit Pick-up. The truck had boards on the side so they could get more on. There were hundreds of empty 12" diameter pots. Turns out these lads have a contract to empty out any 'Grows' that have been busted. I asked what they had done with the plants and lighting but they said that wasn't their job. They also wouldn't say what they did with the compost but said the pots were free if anyone wanted any.
The amount of Grows in Houses ive done work on for Private Landlords is untrue there must be some right money in it. 600 plus a month Rent for the property then the equipment ????

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I do wonder what happens to the lighting equipment etc. On the one hand it's valuable so could be auctioned off to make some dosh, on the other hand the only people likely to buy it are dodgy growers. I presume it's destroyed, but it seems like a waste if that is indeed the case.

For the average gardener, hydroponics do not make economic sense - the cost of the set-up is never going to be recouped by increasing your tomato crop. I used to get a few bits and pieces from my local hydroponic shop for my chillies since they were cheaper than most for some essentials. Every time I went in there I got the distinct impression I was the only one interested in growing vegetables.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
The amount of Grows in Houses ive done work on for Private Landlords is untrue there must be some right money in it. 600 plus a month Rent for the property then the equipment ????
Without being greedy, it can return £200 per ounce, average plant produces up to 2ounce. 100 plants = £40k in about 15 weeks
I am led to believe the experts can get a far higher yield.