Port Talbot Docks

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyexcuse

I know that South Wales is off the beaten track in coarse fishing venues, but the docks is well worth a crack if you're in the area.I mean how many venues in winter regulary throw up 25lb+ silver fish match bags(mainly skimmers) and where 6lb of fish is considered a bad day?Has also got some nice pike to 25lb.The secret to its success is the warm water outflow from Port Talbot Steelworks and although it may not be the most scenic place to fish, you wont fail to catch.Off there myself later for my traditional Boxing Day Sess'.Day tickets are 5 on the bank.

Dave@Brynmill&DistictAC

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave,

Could you PM me directions on how to get there. I live in Swansea as well.

There are some tidy places to fish around here. Sylen lakes has always produced for me with loads of small roach, skimmers and carp to 4lb. Springwater lakes on the way to Lampeter is well worth a go. Hazel Court throws up some nice fish.

And if I don't want to blank I go to the Neath Canal.

Mind you if you get really adventurous you could always join a couple of us fellow MDs on trips to the fish-ins.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

anyexcuse

Geoff
PM on it's way.Forgot to mention did approx 10-12lbs today using feeder & slider.
Dave

Dave@Brynmill&DistictAC

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Nice one, I have been hearing mixed reports on the docks lately, I have been meaning to have a go at it for a while.

welcome to the mad world that is Maggot Drowning mate

Dai Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.