porridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

TINY

Tiny
I use the hemp porridge and have a lot more success on that than the carp variety.
For 2.35 a 500ml tub,its good value for money as well.

Andy.

fishing_mad

i use quacker porridge it works great too... no joke i used it on a canal and was pulling them in i know your talking about somthing different but just try it its good to throw a long way aswell

Fishing Mad[:)]

adam

ive found carp porridge very good in hard conditions in the winter with out any feed doesnt make any difference on a decent day though

TINY

Tiny
Fishing Mad,have you tried using brown sugar with your Quaker porridge yet.[:)]Try it and see a difference in the stamp of your fish.It worked brilliantly for me last year in the summer.[:D][:D]

Andy.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
I presume you guys talking about mixed/damp Quaker porridge? What do you mix it with, just plain old water or something fancier?

AlanP

TINY

Tiny
I did mine in plain water and then added brown sugar to sweeten it up.[:)]
The bonus side is you can eat it yourself if you get hungry enough.[xx(]

Andy.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I'd have to get bloody hungry before I started scoffing porridge.[xx(]

I'd have to have eaten all my luncheon meat, sweetcorn and pepperami sticks first.[;)]

Tight Lines

Simon

chris grant

Are you talking about a groundbait called TNT Porridge - if so I havent used it myself but it is marketted by Steve Gregory one of the best match carp anglers in the UK. If this guy uses it it has to be good

pikey123

i,m interested what canal was the porridge used on and do you just mix it from the box sloppy firm, come on give us a clue.and what fish did you both catch.
dave

d a pike

fishing_mad

me it was on old lancaster my granddad said to try it so i did and it worked it breaks down pretty slow so theres a thick bed of bait at the bottom also tryed it on my local res mixed with brown crumb. this may sound missleading but court nowt on the canal but i did on the res but my grandad court on a private stretch on six arches. also i just added water to make a firm mix it sticks all over mind

Fishing Mad[:)]

Last edited:

joe1987

'Darwener'
ermmm fishing mad. U said to me and percher that you were 42???

Toodlepip
**Joe-boy**

TINY

Tiny
I soaked mine overnight and in the morning it looked like the dog had been bad[:D]
It was used on a stillwater,and nothing more than brown sugar put in it when soaking previously.Red maggot fished over the top,and on occasion a small red worm.[:D]

Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.