Pork luncheon meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmouse

Fished with pork luncheon meat the other day and noticed it had nearly no smell to it at all. I did not catch very well on it either. Does anybody else use it?.

davyr

There's lots of different brands and some smell more strongly than others. You could always add flavours to the meat, dust in fishmeal groundbait, or use a smellier version (or hot dog sausages which have a smoky smell).

payt

Yeah i used pork luncheon meat quite a bit. I have alright results on it.

tazz

Experiment with other meats till u find 1 u feel confident of catching with,Pepparami,Palony,Garlic sausage, Spam etc,[;)]

Ady

Formerly Adymon
29p bottles of flavouring from Asda mate. Vanilla, Strawberry are the two i use. A small bottle does 2 tins of meat no problem, also loads of colourings in bottles for 29p too!

cut your meat how you like it, stick it in a food bag or a tub (without holes lol) mix and shake like mad. Ive found that a small bottle and two big cans of 17p Sweetcorn is great, lash in the strawberry flavouring and leave in the fridge overnight :)

bobmouse

I will give the flavouring ago. I honestly cant smell pork luncheon meat. I will experiment. Cheers guys.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Its hard, some of them are so full of random ingredients they stink, and some are just totally flavourless. You can buy "curried" meat i think, or you can do what i did, same method as before

Go to the isle with all the oxo cubes and the spices, and pick up a small pack of the cajun or any of the flavours, there is usually over 50. Stick it in a tub with your freshcut meat and shake. My mate bagged up big time on his cajun so ill be using it next time too :)

EvilD

use your boillie needle to make soem holes in for it to asorbe also my dad use to lightly fry 2 sides in marmite that was awsome for the carp :D

slf

NUFC
yeah i use plumrose realy good bait try it on the deck and shallow or with hemp that works well

bobmouse

The only reason I dont go spicey is because it stinks and makes me smell bad. Going for some strawberry flavouring to add to the meat. I would rather be sweet smelling than savoury.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Yeah, the strawberry is good, you can get bottles of colouring too, sometimes the strawberry flavouring doesnt colour it, if you do however want colour its only 29p

i died mine green last time haha

leecurtis

I agree it varies like anything.
Dont use the co-op one its cr*p, watery, looks anemic and has no smell and worse its so soft it just comes off the hook.
Ive started using the flavoured ones from Van Den Eynde, the nice and spicy and the paste flavours are working very well for me, also its stays on the hook well unless you leave it in the sun and let it dry out.

Also tried peperami for the first time last trip and was amazed. Fish love it and it just wont come off the hook, it will now be a bait i always take with me.

Last edited:

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Right, im goign to have to try Pepperami now, everyone is saying its great!

As for the VDE meats, ive had a 2lb golden rudd on the strawberry, and in the summer small cubes on a size 16 hook really bring out the bream on a water. My mate swears by nice and spicy but ive never had results on it.

Not results that would make me buy it again anyway.

bobmouse

Originally posted by Adymon

Yeah, the strawberry is good, you can get bottles of colouring too, sometimes the strawberry flavouring doesnt colour it, if you do however want colour its only 29p

i died mine green last time haha

Tried this at the weekend and caught my pb tench of 4lb on the strawberry meat. Turns it red as well which looks great.

paul d

[:D][:D]tescos
try using the pork luncheon meat from here!! buy the whole sausage from the deli and chill overnight ( its the same as they slice and sell on the deli). will cost you about 5 to 6 quid. this is cracking meat to fish from a method feedr on a short hooklength as it FLOATS!!
only found out by pure fluke when i fed some in a swim only to see it float away!!![8]

Status
Not open for further replies.