Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice one Trev,
And well done Newt,we'll make a matchman out of you yet!!!!!

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Martin!

SHUT UP LOL

Trev

Ziptrev

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Well I only had the one fish in an 8 hour session.

No one was catching to any great extent. 16 anglers with 3 rods each and I think the total fish on the bank was under 25 from a puddle loaded with fish. And the day taken by one of 17lbs when on a normal day that won't even win the hourly "big fish" money. The lake is loaded with 20s, has a fair number of 30s, and several 40s (but none of them have been out this year and very few of the 30s).

Our paylake matches are strictly by the single fish. I was very happy to place with mine. But I did have to think about the 2oz difference in weights that cost me somewhere around $200 since the money for 2nd is a bit higher than 3rd and there is a daily prize for the closest fish to 15lbs without going over. I really though a 14lb 13oz fish would do the job. Ah well.

Newt Vail

martin.

Account Locked
hi newt
3rd place is a good result & a 14-13 fish is good one
but what do you now think of match ishing
well done again

tight lines.
martin.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Newt is a csring Angler and tolerant of all peoples pleasures, without feeling the need to jump in and 'ban' 'criticise' or 'condemn'.

However, despite his success, I doubt whether he will ever fish such a commercially pressured lake again, which view I respect and understand.
We only went, because I had expressed interest in the fascinating difference betwenthe American Carp Match Fishing scene and our own!

There will shortly be a long post on that subject as I wish to do it justice, but I hope those interested will take into account that it is another Countries 50 year old traditional sport and we wont see the self righteous condemnation that other different opinions bring, because at the end of the day you dont have to go there, you dont have to do it and they dont care whether you agree with it or not!

Incidentally, Newt also had a 13lb 1oz Carp earlier, but on Garys rod, whilst Gary was absent,which he played out, landed and had weighed!
Interestingly, Newt's sense of fair play, insisted that this was Garys fish, which is why he claims only the one!

I still say he had 2 for the day!
Chees

Trev

Ziptrev

Status
Not open for further replies.