Poppy Update

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
As of today we have had Poppy, our greyhound, a month.

Despite losing a pair of slippers yeterday (chewed) I love her. She has settled in well but can be a food thief. Monday she devoured almost a whole loaf of bread!

Today on our morning walk I let go of her 10metre lead and let her drag it for the first time. She responded to her name and came when called. It was good to see her run between The Boss and me.

Within a week of having her I was able to get her to wait for her food and only start eating when I told her it was OK. That tells me she should respond to training.

I just need to work on not chewing things. She has toys and chews but insists on finding things she is not supposed to have. Difficult to dog proof a house when she stands five foot tall on her hind legs. I have a plan that worked on another dog. We'll see how it goes.

All in all absolutely no regrets. She is a beautiful and affectionate creature. And an added bonus, I have lost three pounds since having twice daily walks.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Glad you're enjoying your new best friend. Mine is an accomplished food thief/scrounger/scavenger, and we now have to keep an eye on her habits as she seems to be allergic to a lot of things, which cause excessive licking/scratching. Be extra careful when she takes you out for a walk, you'd be surprised at the things they can find with their sense of smell.