popped up maggots

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik

i notice the useful tip on the homepage for popping up maggots by soaking in coke. nice idea. was wondering if anybody who has tried this can tell me how long they typically stay buoyant for?
cheers
erik

Dervaig

Erik - sorry don't know how long, it works with lemonade or indeed any liquid providing you don't cover the maggots completely but a big welcome to the MD's.[:D][:D][:D]

Dervaig

Last edited:

erik

cheers dervaig. will give it a shot. mainly carping nowadays and struck me as something a bit different worth a go to break my current thirty night blank.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
For more more permenent pop ups use the rubber maggots from Enterprise Tackle.

chill out go fishing

TINY

Tiny
As Esox.20 has said,use the Enterprise bait as it is designed to float,they also do corn,bread,casters,hemp etc,etc.Any of them are less than 2.00 a pack[:D][:D]

Andy.

Ian C

Interesting idea [:)]

I like esox's suggestion of the rubber maggots, maybe mixing in some real live ones for the "wriggle effect" [:)]

On this theme, has anyone tried threading a small piece of cork onto a hair, coating it in super glue and then dipping it in the maggots or placing the thick end of several maggots onto it one at a time?

I haven't tried it and I'm not sure if the tiny bit of cork would easily pass through the carps digestive system without causing any problems, so maybe its a question for one of the "experts"?

I suppose we could substitute the cork for a tiny pop-up boilie, but suspect the maggots would soon come off?

Ian C

Status
Not open for further replies.