Staff member
Site Supporter
I've just come back from The Oaks after fishing in the Pool AC Fur & Feather,

1st - A. Wilson 9lb 13.5oz
2nd - J. Royal-Evart 9lb 4oz
3rd - J. Clay 8lb 6oz
4th - A. Hall 5lb 12.5oz
5th - T. Parr 4lb 13oz

It was a five hour match in dry, sunny conditions but was still cold. There had been 2 severe frosts earlier that week which had knocked the fishing for a six resulting in only 24 out of the 39 anglers catching.
Most supporting weights were in the ounces being small carp to pole fished maggot.
My weight, oh err urmm I did I nice job manning the scales though
Dave

Edited by - Dave on 16 December 2001 8:29:52 PM

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Never mind Dave,there's always next year!
Peter.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well I did try

I was pegged at number 2 which faces the corner of an island also into the corner of the nearside bank. The island was ruled out by those either side of me fishing there leaving about four foot between their floats. Between each 'fixed' peg there was just enough room to swing a cat.

So I plumbed most of it and found 4 ft at most, 12" in the nearside and no hollows, shelves or anything inparticular.
Started about 3ft from the nearside and tucked into the corner and got a small tremble on the float. Looking good I thought then nothing.
It didn't help when some great clodd hopper came walking down the bank either straight past my quiet corner but thats how it goes.

I spent the 5 hours trying here, there and everywhere still nothing, even tried Giles approach under the surface. Finally lobbed a small feeder with some pinkies across to the island and got a minute knock which I missed.
The guy to my left didn't help matters either, every 5 minutes he was dropping his pole into the water, dragging it and a cup back as though he was dredging the pond,, but thats life

Another day, perhaps - Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.