poorly Jack russel

stikflote

Site Supporter
My daughter went to take her jack Russel and my shi tzu for walk last night she had just gone out door
when she knocked on door ,to get back in crying ,she said Dad look at Diesel he was lying flat out on drive ,i went and picked him up thinking
he was dead ,he,s 15 yrs ,i brought him side took his lead off him had a feel on his legs didnt get any response.
then he popped his head up stood up slowly and went to Sue, .

He has not been eating properly for a while ,but i got got him eating small Markies.

Vet just if hes walking about again just watch and if happens again, then we have take him to vet,

He does seem ok today ,but i wouyld like to know whats happened to little chap,
Keith

stikflote

Site Supporter
This is daughters mate

Attachments

• A715E6E8-A2B7-40BC-815D-1E4411110DBE.jpeg
    A715E6E8-A2B7-40BC-815D-1E4411110DBE.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 8

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Max my previous Boxer had a heart condition in the end where his heart muscle had hardened and if he got too excited it couldn't pump enough blood around to keep his body and brain functions all going at the same time, consequently he'd just drop like a stone. To all intents and purposes he was just like he'd been switched off. Then he'd come around, get up, and act as though nothing had happened.

The vet said that one day he'd not come round and that day did come but he went doing what he enjoyed at the time, chasing something down the garden.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Max my previous Boxer had a heart condition in the end where his heart muscle had hardened and if he got too excited it couldn't pump enough blood around to keep his body and brain functions all going at the same time, consequently he'd just drop like a stone. To all intents and purposes he was just like he'd been switched off. Then he'd come around, get up, and act as though nothing had happened.

The vet said that one day he'd not come round and that day did come but he went doing what he enjoyed at the time, chasing something down the garden.
Mates boxer was exactly the same. Was only about 5 when it started.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
My daughter went to take her jack Russel and my shi tzu for walk last night she had just gone out door
when she knocked on door ,to get back in crying ,she said Dad look at Diesel he was lying flat out on drive ,i went and picked him up thinking
he was dead ,he,s 15 yrs ,i brought him side took his lead off him had a feel on his legs didnt get any response.
then he popped his head up stood up slowly and went to Sue, .

He has not been eating properly for a while ,but i got got him eating small Markies.

Vet just if hes walking about again just watch and if happens again, then we have take him to vet,

He does seem ok today ,but i wouyld like to know whats happened to little chap,
Keith
My wife works at the vets, she said it could be Vestibular syndrome they are seeing a few dogs like this at the moment, its like dog vertigo. They go of there legs, have you noticed a head tilt?