Poor Yaddlethorpe

Status
Not open for further replies.

baz.thornton

Just had a walk around Yaddlethorpe Ponds (Scu*nthorpe) and oh dear.
After a lot of hard graft by the owner Dave over the years,where he had seperate ponds i.e match Pond,Silver pond,tench Pond,Speci Pond, kids bite a chuck pond,but after the deluge over the last 24 hours,all the ponds at the moment are joined together.
I walked as far as i could between the Match Pond and the Silver (South) pond, and i found i was following a 3lb Common Carp swimming where the path was in 8" of water, and it seemed it was deciding which pond to go in !!!!
I do feel for the owner Dave, it must be gutting.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Aaaah thats a pain, what size do the speci's go?> I can just imagine a pole angler with a 2lb bottom hitting into a 30 next weel lol

Poor guy, how can it be fixed? Expensive netting and possibly re stocking or what?

Hatman

Drawbag ace
I wonder what the effect on rivers is, I'm sure some lakes & ponds must swap a few fish with rivers. Do river fish populations get shunted downstream when the floods are powerful?

I'll make a note to fish Yaddlethorpe to help the owner save for a netting session.

baz.thornton

Specis go to high 20s ! good fun on the pole egh,just imagine them in the kids bite a chuck pond !!! Dad Heeeeeeeeeeelp
Dont know what he will do,bt might find out on Tursday or friday when i go for a session down there.
Funny but the peg with the sunken boat in, the boat has sunk again !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.