Poole Hospital Lake (Teesside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattylamb

Anyone know what the future is for this place? I had a walk round the other day and it was very overgrown with weed but there were a couple of fishable swims.

anyone fished here lately? I used to fish there all the time as a kid.

seems that the problem with litter and vandalism has cleared up either due to the new housing estate and/or the bad weather this summer. they've also blocked the track off so you have to walk down the lane.

who owns the land here? It could be made into a lovely fishery again with the right people involved

any info appreciated

mecca

Another smoggy
havnt tried to fish therwe for a good 10 or more years and they had netted the fish a few weeks before lol.

I also got done for no fishing license, first time id ever been asked, was fined 5 as i argued i was fishing a puddle in theory and not a fished stocked lake, seemd to work.

Was a lovely looking place though and used be full of tench.

sorry cant be more help. be interested to know though

roumor had it that it got pilfered by all sorts of people mate and that the only thing in there now is ruffe.I worked on the bulding site round the corner from it and the gaffer on there said it wasnt getting touched by them,so I spose its up in the air

Simon R

Site Supporter
It was officially netted twice in about 2001 by the two clubs who used to lease it (Stokesley and Middlesbrough) assisted by the EA. I would think probably about 50% of the fish were removed - too much weed, reeds, soft silt etc to get the rest.

The fish were transferred to Hutton Rudby, Mount Grace Priory and the Tontine.

For a couple of years afterwards it fished really well but it's now hugely overgrown ('cos there's been no work parties carried out for five or six tears)

There's been various rumours that it's going to be drained, filled in, built on etc etc - however I'm fairly sure the pond and the former gardens around it have a preservation order of some sort on them - therefore it'll be difficult to do anything with the land.

Simon

Simon R

Site Supporter
Well somethings happening at Poole Hospital[:D]
There's a posh new path being laid around the lake for a start.

2007102592213_POOLE3.jpg

2007102592242_POOLE1.jpg

Although there's still only a couple of fishable spots
2007102592622_POOLE4.jpg

2007102592343_POOLE2.jpg

and the lane is still barriered off at the old farmhouse[:(]

I wish i could find out who owns the land and what the long-term intentions for it are.

Simon

mattylamb

nice pics Simon. They (whoever they are) must have plans for it if they are putting a path round it. Lets hope whatever plans there are include the restoration of the pond and allowing fishing on it.

wedders

A172 POOLE HOSPITAL ROUNDABOUT

Works to construct a new bridleway in the western verge of the A172, south of Poole Hospital Roundabout, will commence in early October 2007 and continue for 4 weeks.

wondered if thats whats going on around the lake Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.