Pomp`s progress,

Pompous git

Site Supporter
A tackle shop is more than just about buying stuff, it was the hub of all things tackle and just like the public bar of
yesteryear a place where you can just enter and be at one with your fellow man. Trouble is I have more rods than
most shops and enough terminal gear to keep a team going for a month.
I generally buy a tin of hemp or particles every time I buy maggots just to put money over the counter but I am now
running out of cupboard space. Anyway my latest visit saw me buy whites, reds and some pinkies although I will only
use a tiny fraction of them.

This morning I fished a local club lake {main lake at Surrenden} armed with more grubs than you could shake several
sticks at and some tired corn from a week ago.

Nothing fancy just a size 18 below a 3bb waggler in six feet of water. It was a bite a chuck and apart from a goer size
stripey all tiddlers the best roach being about sprat size. Getting fed up with this I decided to fish corn on a sixteen
and slow bites down, all I did was attract the local gonk population with the best of a very small bunch pictured. I am
a better team manager {good evening Mr Spence} than I am an angler, it is not difficult!

101_0016.jpg

Total

Site Supporter
@Pompous git .....Good evening PG......And a splendid gonk it was PG. ;)

It matters not what level of angler one considers oneself, it is the the level of enjoyment that is and always be the deciding factor for a piscator.....End of. :giggle:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@Pompous git .....Good evening PG......And a splendid gonk it was PG. ;)

It matters not what level of angler one considers oneself, it is the the level of enjoyment that is and always be the deciding factor for a piscator.....End of. :giggle:

Err...does that mean..roughly translated...

It doesn't matter if your a good or rubbish angler, as long as you enjoy yourself who cares.? :unsure: