polish fishing notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenlegs

i look after a fishery and just recently have been few polish carp poachers.

i have heard that there are some notices on line to download, print and put up.

does anyone know where i can get these from?

thanks in advance,

greenlegs

Djbennetto

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subjects/fish/569882/?version=1&lang=_e

Not 100% sure this is what you're after. Quite a few download-able posters and A4 'notices'. Not sure if they do them in any other language either. Should be a starter for 10.

Dan

Last edited:

Djbennetto

There is a couple of contacts on there which you could try and they will probably point you in the right direction.

The EA do translate some of their reports & material into polish already so maybe its just a matter of time before they do the notices and the polish 'influx' seems to be fairly recent??

tallboyjim

knows nowt
Account Locked
Yeah but as they're here lets put up these notices. Good idea greenlegs.

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Originally posted by midge99

whats the point they will just egnore them anyway

Great attitude mixed with massive amounts of xenophobia Midge.[:(!] If the signs are up at least they get a chance to learn that it is not the British way of fishing (it's not illegal to remove fish remember)

smartmart16

http://www.nfadirect.com/page.asp?section=0001000100070004#warningposters
try this.everything you need and more.

stinky_docker

Originally posted by Cybermanc

Originally posted by midge99

whats the point they will just egnore them anyway

Great attitude mixed with massive amounts of xenophobia Midge.[:(!] If the signs are up at least they get a chance to learn that it is not the British way of fishing (it's not illegal to remove fish remember)

Sorry but I can't see how thats xenophobic,if I choose to make a life elsewhere,I'd be expected to learn,respect and obey that countries laws,traditions and culture......

Yet here,we let everyone come from anywhere,generally take the p1ss and make excuses for them....

Moving fish is illegal,Its poaching,unless you can tell me of any Carp fisheries that activley encourage you to take/move fish,in 15yrs of fishing,I don't know of one...

Also killing them for food is obscene under our way of life,if the Polish community can't understand that and respect it they should be deported(and they should've learned the wrongs and rights before they came here)....

Why do we constantly have to spend our resources educating these people,we've enough home grown problems to blow taxes on,the expectation should be put on them,and if they can't play the game and plead ignorance well tough sh1te,send them back to the gypo camps of Eastern Europe......

RedNeckAngling

9ft is too long
Originally posted by stinky_docker

Also killing them for food is obscene under our way of life,if the Polish community can't understand that and respect it they should be deported(and they should've learned the wrongs and rights before they came here)....

No its only obscene because that is YOUR opinion. Fish are food. Carp where brought into this country FOR food. Why do you think we have Mirror and Leather Carp? Easy, because they are easier to clean.

I take it by your comments that fish can only be eaten if:
A) Its deep fried in batter and comes out of a chippy.
B) Its in a styrofoam tray wrapped in cling film.

I'd like to know what your "way of life" is? [}:)][:(!][}:)]

Its right that carp are a food source,its the poaching that does me in,and in most cases,its deliberate poaching.We have had problems with poles and other europeans going to extreme lengths to get them out of undermanned club waters.One was sighted using a home made cattle prod in the margins getting carp to 15lb and bagging them up.
A sign in there own language will not stop blatent ignorance.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Oh dear,
Someones put up a perfectly reasonable thread, asking for info, and its straight away turned into a slanging match!

Broken record?

glenn

Account Locked
Me thinks i'll go and slit the throats of a couple of live sheep coz somebody somewhere say cheerie blair will say its my human right to do so weather somebody else owns them or not cant see me lasting long as a white christian middleaged tory voting anti european referendum demanding englishman.

stinky_docker

Originally posted by RedNeckAngling

Originally posted by stinky_docker

No its only obscene because that is YOUR opinion. Fish are food. Carp where brought into this country FOR food. Why do you think we have Mirror and Leather Carp? Easy, because they are easier to clean.

I take it by your comments that fish can only be eaten if:
A) Its deep fried in batter and comes out of a chippy.
B) Its in a styrofoam tray wrapped in cling film.

I'd like to know what your "way of life" is? [}:)][:(!][}:)]

Alot of different creatures and plants where brought to this country for food or other industrial use,however after decades of evolution we no long rountinely sacrifice our fresh water fish for food sources,game fish maybe,but they are often reared for exactly that purpose...

Tell me one carp fishery that sells his fish to anglers for consumption,its a pleasure sport not a hunting pastime,thats the game and sea fishing etho's not carp fishing.....

And if that is so hard for polish immigrant to understand them they should be deported,maybe you can take them....

glenn

Account Locked
I agree i'd just deport them full stop not waiting for them to even poach an egg. But then again i'm only a law abiding second class englishman in his own country and what do i count

[/quote]

Why ,send them back to the gypo camps of Eastern Europe......
[/quote]

im sorry but i see that comment as not very nice to be honest [:(!]
i dont no how you can put that and not have a guil;ty conscience against your self i respect the foreign nationals in this country because they are living there life how they are and we live ares how we are

Jessebobs

Steve!
I've had a number of Polish bricklayers working for me. Some of them are useless, unreliable wastes of space and some are hard-working, friendly blokes who are nice to have around. You can't tar the population of a whole country with the same brush!
If all our home-grown benefit scroungers got out of bed and went to work then there wouldn't be any need for migrant workers.
Anyway, one of these Poles is a keen angler and wants me to take him out but he was amazed to hear that we return fish and don't take them home to eat. In fact when I told the gang I was off to catch some carp all of their eyes lit up.
In Poland it's traditional to have carp for Christmas dinner!
My point is that when they are applying for their visas to come here to work they may have to learn to drive on the left, give way to traffic from the right etc but I doubt they are told about the rules at commercial carp fisheries.
So a few signs in Polish (and other languages) would be a good idea.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The one big difference between a land locked water such as a private lake and a commercial fishery compared to a river or public lake such as park lake, is that in the first instance the fish within belong to someone, and therefore are someone's property.
Taking these fish for food or anyother reason without permission is theft

On the other hand such as a river or public lake the fish are often refered to as wild fish and are not owned by anyone. Fair enough someone may have the fishing rights for that water but it does not give them ownership of the fish
In this instance it is not illegal to take them for food provide that no local byelaws are broken and also the fish are not taken alive to be transfered into another water

methodgob

yoda
Meanwhile,back at the ranch.......[;)]

You can always type out what you want your poster to say and then translate it into Polish using googles translation facility?[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.