Police Officer shot dead whilst on duty in Croydon Police Station!

Total

Site Supporter
Got quite a few mates in London and surrounding areas as a few of my mates moved there for work or met at uni. A good one I go to stay with in Ilford quite a bit. Others in Lee and Walthamstow. Plenty of other areas that are blocks of flats and apartments that seem like miniature ghettos surrounded by wealth down the next street it seems. Can't say I know it well though decent places to live and If I could afford to live there I could see myself on Clapham Common. (y)

Clapham Common, Fishing! :love:.....Next time you're down 'Sarf' gives us the nod (in better/safer times) Would love a pint and natter with ya...(y)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The male officer was shot in the chest when a man, who was being detained, produced a weapon during a search. The suspect then turned the gun on himself.

The officer was treated at the scene overnight but died in hospital. A 23-year-old man is in a critical condition after being treated for gunshot wounds.

The suspect has been arrested on suspicion of murdering the officer, who is believed to have been a few weeks away from retirement.

The Reverend Catherine Tucker, who was at the centre earlier, said: "The action taken against the police is really unacceptable but I also feel sorry for the perpetrator.

"Sadly, I am not surprised there has been a shooting in Croydon.

"There are tensions between the police and young people particularly in relation to stop and search and the way the police relate to the community."

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My brother in law is from Tooting and tells me he used to drive through Brixton a while ago and says it was a dump but has now been 'gentrified' into a decent area.

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
This is breaking news as I write so I know nothing of the circumstances or background . Forced to guess I would forecast the perpetrator was black given the fact that a "spokesperson" according to the BBC said " there are "tensions" in the area between youths and police over stop and search . Does jumping to such a conclusion make me racist ?
I wonder if it turns out to be so whether the white population of Croydon and the surrounding areas will take to the streets and riot under the slogan "White lives matter" .... or
" Police lives Matter"
If the perpetrator turns out to be either black or white will all the people of Croydon turn out to protest and march ..... including the Black and ethnic minority population ...... in support of the police . Call me cynical but I suspect not . What do you think ?

Last edited:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
There are shootings everyday in London, this time tragically a police officer, but I can't see it causing riots or protests in this situation, he shot the police.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
"CROYDON"
If the UK needed an enema, this is where they would put the tube. This part of Croydon is a Khasi, not far from where that nutter was filmed attacking a car with a machete, full of all the immigrants (a lot are OK) carrying out their tribal warfare from the homeland. A very sad incident, but it was only a matter of time as we seem to copy the Americans.

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
There are shootings everyday in London, this time tragically a police officer, but I can't see it causing riots or protests in this situation, he shot the police.
Why not ? There would be BLM protests double quick in Croydon and all over the country for that matter if the Croydon police had shot an unarmed black man 5 times whilst at his workplace doing his job . Maybe policemens lives are not of the same value to some .

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Why not ? There would be BLM protests double quick in Croydon and all over the country for that matter if the Croydon police had shot an unarmed black man 5 times whilst at his workplace doing his job . Maybe policemens lives are not of the same value to some .

I see what you mean just can't see it happening.

Blanks

Site Supporter
RIP the copper.
Looks like the stop and search that these minorities are winging about is more than justified, and people wonder why the officer knealt on that floyds neck.
And that stupid religeous woman feels sorry for the perpetrator, words fail me.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Firstly - RIP to the officer and there are no words to express how any of us would feel as a family member!

The most constructive "protest" would be the whole community coming together to condemn the prevalence of weapons (knives and guns) in certain neighbourhoods.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Firstly - RIP to the officer and there are no words to express how any of us would feel as a family member!

The most constructive "protest" would be the whole community coming together to condemn the prevalence of weapons (knives and guns) in certain neighbourhoods.

Dont worry i can See Ashley Banjo, Lewis Hamilton and Elisha Dixon coming together in a Love in and America Erupting for Police Officers Matter and the Sports Grounds taking The bow for The Fallen.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My mate had a job as a project manager for Birmingham police, part of recruitment of Boris’ 20,000 or so new officers, and tells me a big part of what he was being told was they must appeal to minorities as there’s so many problems policing the ghettoes. He was told they want to get more Sikh officers as it’s easier to get them onside than other minorities.

When I was in London it was pleasant to be able to sit outside a Croydon pub and have people come and speak to you, wouldn't happen in other cities, although the people that I spoke to were from Zimbabwe, Turkey, Singapore etc with only the odd lonely Londoner.

lp1886

Site Supporter
Dont worry i can See Ashley Banjo, Lewis Hamilton and Elisha Dixon coming together in a Love in and America Erupting for Police Officers Matter and the Sports Grounds taking The bow for The Fallen.
Yeah but it’s the white mans fault for inventing the gun!! 👍🏻

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
This is breaking news as I write so I know nothing of the circumstances or background . Forced to guess I would forecast the perpetrator was black given the fact that a "spokesperson" according to the BBC said " there are "tensions" in the area between youths and police over stop and search . Does jumping to such a conclusion make me racist ?
I wonder if it turns out to be so whether the white population of Croydon and the surrounding areas will take to the streets and riot under the slogan "White lives matter" .... or
" Police lives Matter"
If the perpetrator turns out to be either black or white will all the people of Croydon turn out to protest and march ..... including the Black and ethnic minority population ...... in support of the police . Call me cynical but I suspect not . What do you think ?
And what would you then say if the police officer turned out to be black and the "perpetrator" was white?

spudnudd

" Police lives Matter"
Not a chance have they ever i look at recent members of the police force being killed :(

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
OK just harvest his organs hopefully while he is still awake and bin the rest,at least they can say one good thing about the scum if his organs save somebody else.