Poles

Status
Not open for further replies.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
What pole do you recommend for around 400 - 500, I do mostly match fishing on rivers but i am starting to go on the commercial pools a bit more often. Any suggestions would be appreciated [8D]

Tight lines [:D]

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Just checked the H15 out it looks nice for the carp as you say. Might be worth investing in [;)] ALready have a Muletto Master 8m but that little bit of extra length would be handy. When i think about it its rare that i fish further than 10m anyway on a carp pool unless feeder fishing. Hmmm just might get 1.

Cheers

MrC

I think they are about 150 and you used to get a free pole bag(proper one!) from Bennetts of Sheffield , I would ask elsewhere for your spare section though as i dont think its the cheapest for spares.
Your right in saying about the 10m though, i find it a perfect length to fish well over the fist ledge and its very light and dont go for any larger than a 16 elastic on this pole, no need. Let me know what you decide. Mal (MrC.)

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
for 400-500 i would look at the Preston XT50 or XT60, very good poles, i wouldnt get 2 poles because you dont need them and for 599 you can get a xt60 at 14.5m and at 399 you can get the xt50 at 13m, also lerc 5400 will handle carp elastic and is 14.5m, dont buy a pole under 13m as you can easily afford a fisherble 13 or 14.5m pole for your money! hope that helps but get a match mag and have a look, there are way too many poles in the price range you are suggesting! PM me if you need any more help!

MrC

Forget the 2 pole thing, Ive been shot down. Just because "I" need 2 poles doesnt mean everyone does. Happy hunting.

Last edited:

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Sorry MrC but you have the type of pole the wrong way round! on a canal you want a stiff a pole as you can afford and on a carp lake the pole could be a bit more forgiving but to be honest you want a stiff pole again as the elastic will be doing all the work and not the pole, either way there are millions of poles that will do both carp and canal work and i personnaly use a daiwa 811 and i have had carp to over 14lb on it no problem, it comes down to personnal preference at the end of the day but basically the stiffer the pole the better for any type of fishing, the stiffness makes the pole more fishable and i can quite happily fish at 16m all day long!

MrC

point taken. Stiffer is better! (says the actress)maybe I miss read maver reports on the lightest stiffest pole they had at that time. maybe I need a stiffer one.! (to the bishop)

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
No worries, poles have come a long way in the last couple of years and if you want a stiffer one then i shall leave that to your missus!

Nuff said!

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
g-juicey-m, there's plenty of poles in your price bracket.[:)]
long gone are the days when you needed 2 poles, 1 for silver fish & canals etc, and another for the carp venues,

some good advice from gingert (by the way welcome gingert76)
get your self a couple of the monthly mags and look whats in your price range,
a few things to look for, 10m. might be ok for you now and suit the venue you fish now, but as you get older and maybe travel to different venues you may well need a longer pole to reach those features etc.
you should beable to get a pole at 14.5m.
look for a good spares package (spare top kits and a cuping kit)
are spares available? is it a current model, by that i mean you can get dicontinued poles cheep but spares may not be available, so make sure..
ask the dealer if they will elasticate it free of charge, cos if not it'll cost about 7 per top kit just for the bits.
look for a pole that is rated to a least a 14 elastic and better still a 16,

it might look a nightmare with all the poles available but once you've sorted the ones that fit in your price band and of length and elastic. you'll soon shorten the list,
have a walk round next time you're fishing talk to the anglers, see if anything takes your fancy, they may let you have a feel at there pole[:0],
dont rush into it have a good look round.[:)]

if you go to a tackle shop ask to sit on a seat box to test the pole, you can't get the proper feel for a pole stood up,
when you've seen one you fancy come back and post on here someone might of got one or know's about it.

hope that helps a bit.[:)]

teepee.

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Mike.

I seem to remember Dave mentioning...............
BOB-CO TACKLE, 11a Cherry Row, Mabgate, Leeds, W. Yorkshire
Tel: 0113 2461475 Had one of the largest pole alleys that he had seen.

Might be worth taking a look [;)]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
thanks for the welcome teepee, im one of the nice blokes from the now defunct TSF forums!

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
No problem gingert there loss is our gain (to nice people)[;)]
we all try to help each other on here and have a laugh along the way[:D][:p][:D]

all the best

teepee.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
What does every1 think of the shimano carp cruncher? that seems to be a right beast of a pole! 14m it would do for what i want! Is it as good as they say or is it to hyped up?

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
never fished it so i dont know, is around 350 i think, for a little bit more the lerc 5050 could be good, i think you should decide on a few and then go to your tackle shop and give them a waggle, if possible get them to put a elasticated top on and see how that feels!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
One other thing Mike,
If it is a pole that comes with Match top kits and Power top kits,Make sure that you try it with both as the difference in feel/balance can be quite dramatic on some poles.[;)]

If a dealer won't let you try the pole set up with both at the full length walk away and find one that will.

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Cheers lads well with bennets you get the 14m carp cruncher pole and extras: 1 x top three kit and 2 x power top two's also a free pole holdall [;)] Not bad well yeah i will select a few then go round the local shops n try them out like you say with different top kits aswell.

Smudge

There are some great deals on Milo poles at the moment. The 10-01 is a fantastic pole barely any droop at 14.5 m and strong enough to handle carp to 15lb Brundall Angling offering them at 599 for 14.5m.[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.