Poles

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Site Supporter
Hi guys, i know that this subject has been gone over a thousand times before, but i would like to hear your views on this. i'm looking to buy a new pole @ around a grand. used primarily for commercials, but also for few canals. 16m, light, stiff and also powerful - not asking for much then eh?[;)]. i've heard extremely good reports about the trabucco sc1, does anyone have any alterntives? i'd be grateful for your advice thumbsup.gif

HEY DUDE............
[img]https://www.maggotdrowning.com/smilies/afro.gif

MALC

Matt IMHO you've already quoted the best for the money (SC1) especialy now they are running a promo and including The Lucifer in the price.

I know it's a while away till my summer series but both Kev (coke) & Steve Wilson have the SC1 and their both fishing it so if you aint sorted yourself out by May they'll give you a waggle.[;)][;)]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

scouse

'River Man'
HI MATT
look no further
than the lerc cm 90
1500 worth every penny

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

kev coke

Matt i have an sc1 and its the dogs dangles its everything that you asked for but if you want an alternative to look at then take a look at the tricast neutronic its a little bit lighter than the sc1 but not as strong its only rated to a 16 on the top kits and the sc1 is rated to a 20 to tell you the truth mate for the price range that you quoted these are the only 2 poles i would consider as i have seen the rest in action and tried the majority of them and they dont come close.]
kev

matt

Site Supporter
well over the past month, i've been having a 'waggle' with a few poles set up in tackle shops and have to say that i am even more confused about what pole to buy! i have tried the sc1 and whilst undoubtedly this is the strongest muther of a pole on the market, it is slightly on the heavy side for little old me! i have been very impressed with the map carptek muscle (would be interesting to hear the views of anyone who has this pole). does anyone have any inside info on mavers 2003 range of poles, or any others i should be considering, with a budget of around 1k

HEY DUDE............

Polepot

Poles
Matt,

I am a maver fan but have not yet looked at the 2003 range. If you are in no hurry wait till tackle fest at the NEC and sort out which one you like best there. But don't waggle too many.

As to weight, how often do you use your pole at full lenght - last year I only used mine at 16m on one occassion and mostly I was between 6 and 9 meters so it is the weight at that length that is criticle.

As for little old you look at Malc and Kevin. LOL

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Status
Not open for further replies.