poles

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyblak

i am about to begin fishing with a pole after 30 years with rod and line.i think i have grasped most of the basics,elastics,floats etc but would like to ask a question about using the pole at different lengths. i.e. is it ok to just take one or more sections off to fish at different lengths or does this comprimise the strength of the pole. i would prefer not to break it first time out just by doing something it was`nt designed to do.any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Serious Sam

Seriously Serious
Your pole can be fished at any length, from a top kit to full length or anywhere in between.

If you're new to it probably best to start fishing at a compfortable 7 or 8 metres just get used to shipping in and out and holding the pole - don't start out too long as you're likley to get a lot of tangles shipping in and out until you're used to it.

Great way to fish, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
What breaks poles is doing things jerkily or roughly (or sitting/stepping on it). Carbon fibre is brittle in some respects and tough in others. So do everything smoothly and you will be OK. Speed will come with experience and practice. For longer lengths two pole rollers will help if there is space.

andyblak

thanks for the advise guys.this is a little sad i know but i have been shipping up to 13.5 metres with a rig on(no hook) in the garden and am managing it without tangles now.the wife did ask me if i had "caught anything yet" and the neighbours now just point and laugh but what do they know!

pole addict

Originally posted by andyblak

thanks for the advise guys.this is a little sad i know but i have been shipping up to 13.5 metres with a rig on(no hook) in the garden and am managing it without tangles now.the wife did ask me if i had "caught anything yet" and the neighbours now just point and laugh but what do they know!

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:T]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
No worse than seeing the Fluff Chuckers "Practicing" their casting in a field of grass[:p][:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.