Pole Vs Rod & reel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beebs

I have noticed that pole fishing is now quite huge and can see the attraction of putting a bait exactly where you want it and being able to use the lightest set up possible.
Why is it, then that it doesn't interest me in the slightest?
Am I just old-fashioned and stuck in the dark ages refusing to come out or are there other people out there like me?
I love playing fish on a rod and line, using the clutch and winding them in. My next target is to learn to back-wind properly.
I have no doubt that pole anglers will tell me that once I try a pole (ooh err missus!!!) I will never look back.
I simply have no interest in even trying one out. Pulling tackle out of tree branches and snagging myself cos I'm still a bit rubbish at casting is all part of the game to me.
What is everybody elses opinion?

DJ.gif

scoobs11

each to their own beebs .

sometimes the poles better sometimes rod and reels better

i would'nt use a pole for fish over 20lb not on purpose anyway :)

but try dropping a bait off the edge of some lillies at 13m with a rod every time on the dot and holding it there with some tow on the water.

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

I do use the pole but you just can't beat using a rod and line. I only use a pole when i just can't get away with using a rod.
Or if i'm feeling lazy as with a pole your set up in minutes.
Ive had some good fun with the pole mind catching monster Bream and Pike their great fun on a pole, but you do tend to have to go bank walking.

www.tjsangling.co.uk
stickfloatking@tjsangling.co.uk

Beebs

quote:
but try dropping a bait off the edge of some lillies at 13m with a rod every time on the dot and holding it there with some tow on the water.

I do understand exactly where you're coming from. Perhaps I just need to have a serious crack at it with a more open mind, but I still get a massive rush from a screaming clutch and in my present sate of mind, I can't see that changing for the foreseeable.
I do have a situation on my local canal where there is a bit of a tow where the benefits of a pole are obvious, but it's not enough to make me splash out lots of cash for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.