Pole suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
I am looking for a new pole, the type of fishing i want one for is mainly commercial fishery's so it must be bale to handle carp and be very stiff and rigid look forward to your reply's the one i like most that i have seen so far is the Maver medussa at 750

Datafile2.gif
Happiness is playin wif yer rod

splodger

Hi Al,
I've recently paid 750 for a Daiwa Matchwinner 811 pole and i am very impressed with it!
The whole package comes with the pole (obviously!) which is 16.1 metres by the way, 2 Match top three kits and two power top two kits, a "super fourth section" and a deluxe Daiwa holdall which will hold 5 or 6 tubes.
The pole is stiff and very manageable at 12.5 metres and could be held all day at that length.
If you add another section you get a bend but tell me a pole that doesn't bend at 14.5 0r 16 metres!
Also,what i like about Daiwa is the excellent after-sales service which is a must when buying a new pole.
Overall,for the price of 750 you are getting a good deal.
I would highly reccomend it to anyone.

SPLODGER

Polepot

Poles
In the summer I bought a Maver Respect which had a 3 Power top 2's a match top 3 and a cupping kit. I paid a little more that you are budgeting but I belive the price now is in your range. I have landed Carp upto 11lbs and with the match kit and light elastic found the pole good for the silvers. It is certainly a very good pole and is in my view better than the Medusa.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Al,

I have a Medusa and am happy with it for general fishing.I have used this for carp upto 12lbs and it coped well with it on the power tops.
One word of warning is the walls of the sections are not as strong as some other poles around.Check these before buying as i have heard of a few breaking.
Lovely pole to use at 14.5m but saggy at 16m.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
cheers fellas went to look at your suggestions and plumped for the medussa with the new power no 4 section, got 4 power tops and 1 match top plus a cupping section for 500 and my old pole (grim reaper) so i am a very happy chappy i'lll let you know how i go on with it but if keith as had a 12llb carp out with his it's not a bad bit of kit once again thanks a lot.

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Status
Not open for further replies.