Pole sections and rain !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby

Could anyone give me advice on seperating pole sections that have become stuck while fishing in the rain. I have tried the conventional twisting of sections why the joint is being tapped, but with no success. If unsuccessfull is there someone out there with an old Diawa Jaguar to replace possible broken sections.( Its a great alternative carp pole with a 16 laggy, if you cant afford the new gear !!! ).

Hope to hear any suggestions,
Cheers, bobby

MALC

If as you say the twisting/tapping has not freed it then keep it in the warm and wait for it to dry totaly then get 3 of you to tap/twist again.

Last time i got one stuck it took nearly 2 weeks to free them.

Once free clean off the joint and rebuild it with silicon spray then rub candal wax on it.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
You could try putting a hot towel over the stuck joints then twist.

The laws of expansion "should" ensure the removal of the top piece at it will expand before the inner piece.

Alan

Stu Dav

Davi
I have got sections stuck on my well used Diaflash many times,

I have found that shear brute force is the only opption,

Find the biggest angler around, let them hold the biggest section and you do all the pulling twisting and wobbling thruching puffin and panting, Ive been there panicing.

ps do it away from the waters edge as when it goes you go with it.

goog luck

Oh yeah and keep them joints clean.
Sorry you knew that didn't you.

Stu Dav

pps if all else fails jump up and down on the darn thing shoutin and swearing, it doesn't work but it makes you feel better !!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.