pole seatboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace

At the moment i am looking to buy a new seatbox but the problem is i do not know which one to get. I have 250 to spend and i would be grateful of some advice.

Thanks ace.

Polepot

Poles
Ace,

I have a Keily River Box which is OK but if I were to be buying again I would look at the sort that can be built up as the have purpose designed sections for winders etc.

Also the drawers on the Keily only open when Im not sitting on it which in my view reduces its effectiveness. No comment about my weight lads I admit to 15 stones in old money. which I think is about 95kgs.

Another factor which I disliked about the Keily was it has not taken it long to look old - even though I clean it after every use.

Also Ace you need to consider whether you want Fishtec, Octoplus or some other system as this may also effect your choice of box.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Ace,
You might like to have a look here It's a thread i put on last year.
I'm still happy with my box,nothing has broken or fallen off,and it's stood up to plenty of abuse admirably.
They now do a version with 4 front drawers and a cross drawer,as well as a 2 drawer and a 4 drawer model.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Hi Ace

I've had a Little Gem for the last two years, lot cheaper than some of the boxes from the 'big boys'. Mines got a crossdraw and four front draws and nothings broken or fell off it yet (its bound to fall to bits at the weekend now I've said that)

The reason I got it is because (a) the bottom clips off, so you can lighten it off considerably and (b) because they only cost around 150! (yes I'm a cheapskate)

This is the only picture I could find of it:-

Hope this some use to you

Tight Lines

Simon

martin.

Account Locked
hi ace
it wouldnt hurt to have a lookat the new Rive collection it seems to be on of the most comprehensive there is with a lot of options for different requirmennts ive had one tof the orrigional ones for 4yrs
& never had a problem with it since ive had mine 5 others inc sammy & phill have gone over to these in our club

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

MALC

Ace,

Like Simon i've also got the Gem 5 Draw box and i've had it 3 or 4 years now and it get's well abused as it's used about 5 times a week in the summer and at least once a week in the winter.

If it's lucky it may get a damp cloth wiped over it once in a blue moon and the only thing thats happened with it is some of the paint work above the front draws has rubbed off due to the foot plate rubbing against it (i might repaint it this winter).
Other than the paint i've no complaints with it at all.

I picked it up for just over 100 with the footplate and a side tray from one of the tackle shows and it was and is still very much worth the money.

Here are a couple of photo's of it and as you can tell i'm nowhere near as tidy as Peter is icon_smile_blush.gif

You can see the worn paint in this picture (and the mud still on the base section from a previous trip)

This photo shows the draws and removable base which i can get 3 reels,spare octo brackets,catty's,polepot's,small banksticks,float tubes and rod rest's in with no problem.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

scouse

'River Man'
hi ace
i too have a little gem
same as malc, for 150 you cant beat it
well worth the money,
why pay more, you are only paying for a name
in the long run if i was you go and buy it
you can get the 3 drawer for about115
have a look you wont be sorry

dave
scouse

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Me too, mines a Gem,

but it doesn't look anything like Malc's for tidyness, lol

Value for money 10
Weight 9
Useability 9
Wearability 9

Only given 9's because I haven't tried the rest

Regards, Dave

*** 'The Northern Fish-in' - are you supporting it? ***

splodger

I've recently bought a milo gearbox and they are very good.
It is amazingly light because it is made of polypropolene and retails at about 125.00!
You can then buy add on sliding drawers (deep or shallow) for around 25.00 each.
It comes with a fitted pole seat and it is very comfortable.
All milo accessories are easy to acquire and if you can put up with the colour (blue and turquoise)i would recommend them to anyone.
I think it is very different from the run of the mill seatboxes and i know they are selling like the proverbial hot cakes!

SPLODGER

Status
Not open for further replies.