Pole rollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian White

Big E
Hi Guys
Can anyone give me some advice about pole rollers,as there are a few difrent types on the market are the tripod type better than the four leged type or are the ones you screw into banksticks just as good.Any help will be apprecated.
ALL THE BEST
Ian White

fishing_mad

i'd go for the for the four one's

Fishing Mad[:)]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
More than happy with my boss 4 legged ones,got the original and the newer rocking one wich is a bit wider.[:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

anyexcuse

Invest in a decent 3 or 4 legged role e.g. Boss,Preston Innovations. The bank-stick rollers are fine until you fish the water with banks made by McAlpine(then you'll wish you'd spent a bit more in the fishing shop!).

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

TINY

Tiny
Go for the four leg version for stability in my opinion.You can get a good one starting at around 21.99,and they will fold down flat for easy storage.

Andy.

Polepot

Poles
Ian,

Last year I bought both types, and I prefer the Prestons Tripod to the four legged variety. The legs are pointed and can be pushed in, also the rollers are very smooth which was not the case with the bar type.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Ian, having tried them all over the years, i agree with Nick (Polepot), i prefer the big "V" free standing roller to 4leg bar type, the main reason being when its windy the sections dont get blown about,

teepee.

Matchlad

hi all the best one in my eyes is the preston innovations tripod v roller

rob

Tight Lines Bend Poles

mike s

I use the Preston "V" roller, but if I'm fishing "long" (over 13m) then I position my old four leg roller a few metres behind so that the pole runs on both. Makes shipping in & out VERY smooth.

Cumbria Angling Centre

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Ive just changed to PI V roller and i think it is fantastic! there are loads of good rollers and i have tried a lot of them and for now the PI is my fav but most will do the job very well so its just down to personnal preference!

Ian White

Big E
O.K Then Guys,
Do you think that i would need two rollers if i was fishing long pole say 16m or so.
ALL THE BEST
Ian White

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
In a word Ian.............YES [:D][;)]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.