pole roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpman1974

hi just want to know wat is a good size pole roller with the leg is it the bigger the better cos ive seen one with 20 inches,the actual roller is 12inches wide,the leg spread is 16 inches.

or one with 14" WIDE HAS TWO 3" SIDE ROLLERS AND THE LEGS ARE ADJUSTABLE FROM 10 1/2" TO A MAXIMUM HEIGHT OF 17"

many thanks carpman1974 [?][?][?]

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Sorry mate, looks like we're all converted to metric [:D]

Seriously, people always give advice where they can on here, but your post gives leg spread on the first roller and height on the second. So those in the know (thats not me, I'm a learner) couldn't really answer.

I've bought 3 rollers this year, learnt by my error that a cheapo roller can include some bad design or build quality (two foam rollers with washers between - the pole tends to run on the washers [:(] The two good ones I've got can both be used at the same time to smoothly ship out over 13M quickly and easily without spilling from a full pole cup, OR I can find a Preston V roller handy to counter a steep bank behind (its on a camera type tripod), but I plan to use the daiwa twin type roller (just purchased) on flat ground since its more stable in wind.

As for width, I'm not good enough to put the pole on without a glance back, so size isn't important for once...

Bill G

Grandad
buy a boss rockin roller extendable legs and quite wide [cant be bothered to get mine out of the shed to measureit lol] but its quite wide enough for all my pole work

midge99

I have thre rollers, one is a tripod roller which can be set quite high, the other two are low four leg jobs, I am also looking at getting a taller four leg roller.
Each roller has it's use in the right conditions, I often use the tripod at the front with a four leg behind to support the pole when fishing long, the third is normally set at an angle when I am fishing down the edge.

cess monkey

I have been using a boss roller since i started pole fishing and it is a spot on bit of kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.