Pole Roller - Flat or V

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJon

Evening all,

Can anyone shed any information on benifits and nagatives of V shaped and Flat shaped pole rollers please?

The only thing that I can think of right now is that flat would be better as it gives me more angle choices to roll back to increasing my flexibility?

Am I missing something (probably everything!)?

Thanks.

adzinderbyshire

v-rollers often offer a bit more height which can be useful depending on the bank but that's about all. flat rollers are normally more stable and allow you to double ship more easily.

Genus9

Get both mate, they're handy when fishing a lengths of 14-16mtrs but sometimes the bank behing You will need one or the other and if You've got both You're well covered.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I've got both but find the V roller tripod tends to fall over especially in wind. I have to put my holdall against it but apart from that it works fine.
I use the V roller nearest to me with the flat further back, I find this gives a wider margin of angle for shipping back into a V shape. Hope this makes sense.[:T]

on box

i prefer the flat rollers as the v shaped type get blown over to easily and end up cracking your pole like mine did no6 section broke that set me back 125 so for me flat ones anyday

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
I also use use both but my V is an old preston one made of metal and has never fallen over

270181pimp

i have the v and flat prestonsthe v is great for height but if theres a breeze i dernt put it up ive had my pole broke twice from it going over, it pays to have both but they do add quite a bit of weight to whatever you carry so bear that in mind.

seajunky

I put a screw down (Doggy type) and a bungy to hold the V tripod down. Works fine.

bezz120

Both have their uses,the v ones give you more height but are more unstable if you are on hard ground and carnt push the legs in far enough or anchor them down.Especially when its windy they have a tendency to blow over(seen 3 poles snap 2 week ago all on v rollers in the wind).The 4 legged ones are better on hard ground and more stable in the wind but wont give you the height if youve got steep banks behind youand you need to fish at a distance.The ones with 2 rollers going across and rock(rock n rollers)are better and give you a bit more protection and stability than ones with just 1 roller

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Same problem myself. Had the V style ones and was fortunate not to break my pole in the wind. So bought 2 flat ones as well. Got it boxed off now[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.