Pole Rigs Set-Up?

Hi all

I have some free time this weekend so want to set up a few rigs.

Is there any “go-to” shot pattern you use?

I use a local commercial and the fish near always feed on the drop/mid water so I’m aiming for a quite natural flow if anyone can assist

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Hi all

I use a local commercial and the fish near always feed on the drop/mid water so I’m aiming for a quite natural flow if anyone can assist
Normal go to shotting pattern is the standard bulk and two droppers,some like a wide spread bulk for fishing like that

D

Deleted member 21081

Hi all

What bait, how deep, target species?

D

Deleted member 21081

Doesn't make any difference
Does to me.
My rigs for fishing maggot or caster through the water are different to my rigs for say corn on the deck.

My margin rigs are different again.

Paste different again.

Do you really fish a bulk and 2 droppers for fish feeding at mid depth as in the OP?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Does to me.
My rigs for fishing maggot or caster through the water are different to my rigs for say corn on the deck.

Paste different again.

Do you really fish a bulk and 2 droppers for fish feeding at mid depth as in the OP?

Paul22

Use a strung bulk ....... small shot say no 10 or 11 and space them roughly an inch apart starting roughly 6 inch from the hook .......this does work well falls slow enough it’s stable enough and will register bites on the drop ?

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
My go-to for swims over 3ft is three No.10 droppers then a string of No.6 or No.8 depending on float and time of year. The larger shot could all be spaced in the lower half or all the way to the float.

.2g float, under 3ft, 7 x No.10. Again strung out close together or spread out depending on conditions.

@chefster brilliant pattern for F1s :p

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
My go-to for swims over 3ft is three No.10 droppers then a string of No.6 or No.8 depending on float and time of year. The larger shot could all be spaced in the lower half or all the way to the float.

.2g float, under 3ft, 7 x No.10. Again strung out close together or spread out depending on conditions.

@chefster brilliant pattern for F1s :p
Haha Neil, I dare not comment,

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Does to me.

Paste different again.

No because if the fish were feeding mid depth I'd be fishing shallow, wouldn't I! The guy asked for a standard go to rig , which to my mind is a bulk and two droppers, but then I guess you know better

D

Deleted member 21081

No because if the fish were feeding mid depth I'd be fishing shallow, wouldn't I! The guy asked for a standard go to rig , which to my mind is a bulk and two droppers, but then I guess you know better
I asked a couple of what I thought were reasonable questions to help understand a bit better what he was trying to achieve. So I could help.

You dismissed them out of hand.

D

Deleted member 21081

Read the last paragraph of the OP!