Pole Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogsbody

I have a Preston Carp Match pole 14.5m, Its barely fishable at 13m and bends like a banana, Its like trying to hold a sheet of 6'x2' ply when any sort of wind gets up, it weighs a ton. It was advertised as strong with good wall strengh due to cross radial construction, but when unshipping sections, the numbers 6 and 7 sections make horrible cracking sounds and actually deform to oval shape in the hand. I think I need to replace it because any repairs to the sections will just increase the weight. With a budget of 350, I need a pole fishable at 13m, strong, light, 18+ elastic rating, with min 2 x power kit, 1 x match kit, and preferably a cupping kit. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

pole addict

Thing is mate, you cant have strength without weight unless you want to spend a lot more than 350.

Also there is a big difference in performance if you use a match kit or power kit.

I dont reckon you'll get any better than you've already got unless you go down the second hand route.

Just had a quick look in classifieds. Guy selling a TKS 40 for 400.

Last edited:

AndyRathbone

i used to have a shimano exage ax 14.5m which was a great pole for the money, should be able to pick one up 2nd hand now for a couple of hundred??

Dogsbody

There's a Daiwa SR4 in classifieds as well anybody have/used one?

What about a new TKS 20?

Genus9

I'm selling a 16mtr GIS9 with 6 unused power top2's, they haven't been cut back or elasticated but I'm afraid it's beyond Your budget,.

The pole is easily fishable at full length and at 14.5mtrs is hard to beat,

It's in excellent nick and was mainly used to fish canals in the winter league matches,

No cracks, splits, worn joints or any damage of any kind,

Alternativly, check the price of new sections, You'll be surprised as being a discontinued pole Preston will sell them of at a bargain price.

Status
Not open for further replies.