Pole
Both

That is the question[?]

Go on I dare you to reply

Peter Poler

Robert Rodder

Billy Bothman

ray

hiya roger, both, i enjoy the lot and dont really have a favourite, like using my pole on commercials, tipping for bream on resevours and waggler fishing for whatever, depends what i feel like using i suppose?

ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good one Roger.[;)]

A lot of people probably have a picture of me being an out & out Pole Man.
In reality nothing could be further from the truth.
Much more a question of what ever is appropriate on the day,be it Long Pole,Margin Pole, Long rod,waggler,even got a Bob Church Boron spliced tip for the "stick" (remember them?[;)]) and that's without going into the realms of "ledger rods".

So it's Billy Bothman for me.[:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

joe1987

'Darwener'
Well I only have a rod but i'm really looking forward to getting a pole this saturday. Last summer I hated having only the option to feeder fish because when it's mildly windy, however much you sink the line, the floats all over the place and I just cant get the accuracy witha rod you would get with a poole. Having said that, when its a very cold day on a big res you cant beat feeder/ledger fishing!

Toodlepip **Joe**

darryl

both ,i think all circumstances require different tactics and tackle so am happy to use accordingly

you can not catch one sitting at home

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Garden gnomes [:p]

Always been a rod man myself, i did buy a pole but it went to the states before i used it [:)]

Although i have been looking at the cheap poles from Badger 9.5m pole for 30, can't really argue with that can you?

I MAY save some pennies up n buy one but i'm not 100% sold on them yet.

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Triturus

Both rod and pole are just tools to achieve the same end, that is to provide the ideal presentation in any given set of circumstances. Just because you may have spent pounds ten on a pole (or rod) doesn't mean you need to use it every time you go fishing.

Neil

Dervaig

Morning Roger, Good Topic.
I'm Billy Bothman. Whatever method is required on the day.
I can't discriminate. I just enjoy being by the water.
Pole today, Waggler tomorrow, Feeder the next day........

I should be so lucky, fishing 3 days on the trot, but you get my drift.

Mike

Lid

I've never tried a pole. I have enough problems setting up rigs on my rods, without trying all that delicate tricky looking pole stuff. [:D]

I'm sure poles are very effective, but for some reason they just doesn't seem to appeal to me. I like to keep it simple me. I do a helliva a lot of free-lining, especially if I've only got an hour or so at the bank. [8D]

Lid [:)]

Dervaig

Lid,
I'd never tried a pole (no appeal) until a few months ago. Bought a cheap & nasty 50 quid job, just to see if we were compatable.
Remember on my 1st trip, spent the first hours regretting the
move until I got the hang of it (didn't take too long). Finished the day with a good bag of mixed silvers.
Since then I've really started to enjoy the pole and started saving for a better model. Having said that I still enjoy the wagg. on the days when its needed. One thing for sure I definately
hit more bites with the pole.

Mike

martin.

Account Locked
although i use a rod occasionly ide have to class myself as a pole/whip man as i only use a rod probably 2% of the time im fishing

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

Chopper

quote:I'm sure poles are very effective, but for some reason they just doesn't seem to appeal to me. I like to keep it simple me.

You can't get much simpler than tying a piece of line to the end of a 'stick' [:D]

Pole, 95% of the time for me, only use a rod if I can't reach where I want to fish with 17.5m of pole which isn't very often [;)]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Lid

Yeah, then there's elastics, line types, tiny floats and shots, cups, dismantlong (is that called shipping?) to land fish, getting the pole in people's way, etc, etc. All looks very daunting to me.

Lid [:)]

Dervaig

Give it a try, you'll be surprised. I was. Only regret I didn't try it alot sooner.

Mike [:D]

TINY

Tiny
I have used both for longer than I can remember and Im still c**p.
Like Dervaig said,give it a go.Like anything else,practice makes perfect or pretty damn close.

Andy.

watty

Rod for me every time, I've been out with pole anglers on many occasions and for the life of me I couldn't see the attraction, there didn't seem to be any real skill involved, placing the float in the correct position seemed far to easy, mind you if its an easy day your after then I suppose they come in handy.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Rod every time. Especially on rivers. Only enjoy using the pool if its gonna be up to 8m dont like it any longer just gets on yur nerves shipping in and out all the time.

Tight lines [:D]

baz.thornton

I own a 13m pole but my favourite method is still far bank canal waggler fishing ie stainforth keadby canal

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
I started off on the pole, and thought it was awesome because it caught me so many carp, i was(and still am!) an awful caster, so didd't dare use a rod. But once i realised you couldn't use the pole everywhere i realised that you gt so much more enjoyment out of using a rod, you have a bigger fight and isn't as much hassle, although i have to agree, pole is tops for catching more fish, I don't know what it is, probably presentation, but it always catches me more!

Status
Not open for further replies.