Pole Net things

Status
Not open for further replies.

andykel

Guys,

Not match fished for a few years and on all the programmes i'm watching, the match anglers have these 'nets' to stop their poles sliding back into the water when they are baiting hooks/unhooking fish.

What are these called??? Searched on the net for 'pole nets' and can't find what i'm after.

Cheers

Andy

10slacky

Originally posted by Neil ofthe nene

I don't have one and manage fine.

I did not have one either, then one day the wind took my pole away from me (it was broken down to two parts) and as I retrieved it I stood in a concealed hole fell over and broke the power top in my left hand the number 4 in my right hand and the number 9 that I fell on. Seven quid for a pole sock!!!! a bargain I would say.

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
very handy if the bank behind you is built up as the pole sock stops your pole going into the water...

Sluicer

I know someone (no names, no pack drill) who thought they were for washing-off worms when they first came out...

And he works in a tackle shop - oh, how we laughed...

Genus9

Originally posted by Sluicer

I know someone (no names, no pack drill) who thought they were for washing-off worms when they first came out...

And he works in a tackle shop - oh, how we laughed...

That's what I thought they were for Mate, [:I]

Or a landing net for extremly small silvers on the canal,

I'm glad I read this thread so I can now use it for the job it's made for, [;)][:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.