pole line advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
hi all, i need some advice. i cannot get hold of silstar match line for my pole rigs anymore on a regular basis and was wondering what you use and why.i use silstar for all my canal and river rigs and daiwa sensor for carp rigs with carptek hooklengths.what do you use.

MALC

Hi Keith,
For all canal /river & non carp rigs i use Pro Micron 3
For 99% of carp rigs i use Power Line straight through or if it's a real bagging sesson or lots of big (doubles) carp then i'll use old faithful Maxima
all carp rigs are fished straight through so there's no weak spots.
I'm awaiting delivery of some Trabbuco T1 line to try on the carp as it's stated breaking strain to dia is unreal (if true).
MALC

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Keith,
Pretty much the same as Malc,Pro Micron 3 for the majority of my non carp rigs,
But for my carp rigs i use MAP Carptec,again straight throughto eliminate any weak spots.
That's it,no deep dark secrets just two lines that have never let me down,which i have every confidence in.
Cheers,
Peter.
lucarp.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

sloppyeggs

hi i heard a rumour that the silstar match would be very hard to get hold of
is this true

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
just found out that you can get it from benwick sports.

bart4real

Regarding Silstar Match line, it is still available but it is marketted under a different name which is someting like SR line. The packaging is still the same so look out for it. It is the best pole rig line available but beware of that expensive rubbish like Pro Micron and Super Shinoby. It breaks at a fraction of the stated breaking strain.. If in doubt go by the diameters because a certain breaking strain will have a specific diameter. I have written a few of these guides for other sites so if you need one email me and I would be happy to send you one.

Status
Not open for further replies.