Pole Float Weights

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
Hi all,
Can anybody tell me what 4x10, 4x12 etc mean in relation to pole float weights does it mean the float takes 4 No 10 shot or 4 No 12 shot for example? Also how do you know how many shot a float takes when talking in grams for example how do you know how much shot a 0.5g or 1g float takes? I know you can shot them by trial and error but it would be nice to know roughly how much shot each float can take. Is there a chart available?

What size float is regarded as a small or large float i.e. how big or small do pole floats get?
Thanks for your help

MALC

Rob
The figuires quoted are for styles (not shot) as most pole floats originate from the continent and they mainly use styles where as it's mostly split shot we in the uk use.

Must admitt that these days i shot a float automaticaly but normaly with no 10 & 12 shot so i wont confuse you with my breakdown.
Instead i'll try to find a site that i've seen with a detailed listing of shot and shotting weights then i'll post it for you.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

scouse

'River Man'
HI ROB
here goes
syles shot float in grams
3x7 two,12s+one13 0.03
4x7 two,No,11s 0.04
3x8 two,No11s+oneNo12 0.05
4x8 two,No11s+twoNo12s 0.07
4x10 twoNo8s 0.14
4x12 three,No8s+twoNo11s 0.26
4x14 five,No8s+twoNo10s 0.40
4x16 seven,No8s+twoNo12s 0.50
4x18 nine,No12s+twoNo10s 0.68
4x20 17,No8s+3No10s 1.24
5x20 1.25g,olivette+5No9s 1.55

hope this helps
dave (scouse)

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Rob,

If you have a float that loads by weight (0.5gm) On the shot dispensers it normally gives the weight of each specific shot.

see me sunday and all will be explained. I actually have a couple of made up rigs for you, I won't use them but youmight find them useful. Nice bag of fish you had last night.

Catch you later

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
But Rob you have just bought an umbrella so now you can fish in the rain. As long as it is not too windy I will still be there.

Write down all your questions and I will try and answer them Sunday. If I can't I expect I know a man or 3 dozen who can.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

martin.

Account Locked
hi rob
youve been given all wieghts all i can give is abit of advice
i make most of my rigs at home and to get the shotting wright i use an empty 2lt plastic pop bottle with the neck cut off
i fll it with water & set the float so that it just sinks by using the smaller sot sizes as it is easier on the bank to take a NO12 off than put one on.
You can bunch the shot up for checking as long as you dont squeeze
them on to hard and then just slide into position when ready
also if you are fishing very fine and want the float dotting right down shot it that way &the pinkie may just sink the float if it does then just put the tip of the float in vasalean or pole float grease to the piont where you want the float to stand out of the water

tight lines.
martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.