pole float paint

crocky

hi all ,there may be a thread on here but i can`t find it but what paint are you using on foam pole float bodies please

Griffo

Site Supporter
Guys rather than start a new thread thought it would be better to ask on an existing thread.

I have H160 Bodies from The float company and from pole float .com, what I’m finding is using any acrylic paint on the pole float .com bodies the paint doesn’t adhere just runs off, not used a primer, what primer are you guys using if any on foam bodies, any painting advice very much appreciate. Should add painting straight onto the float company bodies and they take the paint well?

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Guys rather than start a new thread thought it would be better to ask on an existing thread.

I have H160 Bodies from The float company and from pole float .com, what I’m finding is using any acrylic paint on the pole float .com bodies the paint doesn’t adhere just runs off, not used a primer, what primer are you guys using if any on foam bodies, any painting advice very much appreciate. Should add painting straight onto the float company bodies and they take the paint well?
I used to use float company foam bodies, just painted them with water based enamel which is essentially acrylic and dries matt.

20210208_203348.jpg

Griffo

Site Supporter
I used to use float company foam bodies, just painted them with water based enamel which is essentially acrylic and dries matt.

20210208_203348.jpg
The float company bodies take paint well it’s the others I’m struggling with, too many bodies not to try and find a solution as they are dead right weight wise, But it’s like painting a plastic bag.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
The float company bodies take paint well it’s the others I’m struggling with, too many bodies not to try and find a solution as they are dead right weight wise, But it’s like painting a plastic bag.
Sorry mate, misread your post, 👍

Griffo

Site Supporter
Well First attempt and I'm pretty pleased, will have to work on it but by using an acrylic primer thinned right down the Bulgarian bodies took the pain reasonably well. I know they are only hand assembled and not home made but it's quite addictive, and as long as they go under then I don't think I shall be buying many more shop made floats, I was looking for an old MAP pattern I used as a kid on the ponds for crunchy's they were a balsa wood long tear drop with a long fine plastic tip stained red and grey, not the best constructed but held well in choppy water but very sensitive and I always did well with them I'm hoping these will be similar.

Attachments

• 411B2DE2-6C93-4FB0-ABF5-7B224A80772A.jpeg
    411B2DE2-6C93-4FB0-ABF5-7B224A80772A.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 23

Griffo

Site Supporter
Well I can’t believe it whilst rummaging through some of my old kit in the garage I came across a tube full of old pole floats from the early nineties, including a couple of the pattern I mentioned above, anyone remember what make they where I thought it was MAP but not so sure know?

My attempt of a .3
On the left old one on the right, how the hell did I used to see those bristles I will never know.
98E1FB7B-7A8E-413B-80F6-53B63421046B.jpeg