Pole fishing

brantwood

Hi all.
Was after some advice please. I want to start pole fishing but don't know where to start with what pole to buy or the best type of float rigs to use any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks

GeoffW

Site Supporter
Go to Neil of the Nene blog
Loads of good info on your request

brantwood

I been trying with a 7m pole at moment and liking it but frustration is growing as people to my left and right fishing further out and catching and I'm not not sure if they down to my inability to use the pole correctly or just down to there distance.

tedstriker

Site Supporter
could be that the fish are further out or it could be your feeding or the bait being used, so many different variables

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
If you have any problems finding your way around the blog let me know. Similarly if you think something is missing from the guide to pole fishing let me know.

brantwood

If you have any problems finding your way around the blog let me know. Similarly if you think something is missing from the guide to pole fishing let me know.
Hi. Had read of your pole blogg and I have to say it was amazing very informative and it has stopped me going straight out and buying a pole that may not be suitable at the moment. Loved the description of floats and what all the numbers actually mean. Thanks for taking the time and effort to put pen to paper so to speak to help people wanting to progress and learn other ways of fishing your a star.