Pole fishing ... please forgive my ignorance ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyA

Regular member
Joined
Aug 25, 2002
Messages
414
Pole fishing ... please forgive my ignorance ... but why would this be prefered to rod fishing , I've seen a few people using Pole's at my local Carp lake but I know very little about the reason's for using this method.

thanks for the info.
 

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 11, 2001
Messages
28,177
Pole anglers are the ones who can't use a rod 7 reel mate, they prefer looking like garden gnomes instead (which is why my pole ended up in the states).
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
seriously though the pole comes into its own when you need to get a bait into a swim that its just not possible to cast into & it also helps you get on the baited area every time.

(still reckon it makes you look like a garden gnome though)


Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un
 

MALC

Regular member
Joined
Aug 11, 2001
Messages
6,345
021.gif
024.gif
021.gif
Trogg

Can't argue with the Gnome effect even if 90% of my fishing is done with the Pole and the other 10% is Feeder (can't remember the last time a Waggler or Stick was used).

Andy,

As Trogg has said it's the pin point placing of feed (via pole cup) and hook bait that the Pole rule's supreme and set up correctly with the right balanced tackle you can fish finer line's and get extra fish in the net on a hard day.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com
spudnikcoinflip.gif
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top