Pole fishing - order of setting up

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Whatever may be done in between, its always pole and sections set up last, then first away for me. Less chance of damaging them, plus once that pole is down in the sock i can't get out anyway without some effort.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whatever may be done in between, its always pole and sections set up last, then first away for me. Less chance of damaging them, plus once that pole is down in the sock i can't get out anyway without some effort.
Exactly this, always last thing out and first away. Then rods, topkits and landing net handle, no special order for anything else.

Total

Site Supporter
It was just the lake on Sunday, switched off, some really low weights for good anglers. Upwards and onwards.
Yes, I read the report....(y)....I felt you was a bit unlucky really with the lost fish....It happens....:(

Total

Site Supporter
One of those days, I had 3 fish for 23lb, someone else had 3 for 33lb, can’t odds that.
Nothing going on at Viaduct match wise for you now or more for the winter?.....I know they've had a few changes at Viaduct, lake wise etc....:unsure:

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nothing going on at Viaduct match wise for you now or more for the winter?.....I know they've had a few changes at Viaduct, lake wise etc....:unsure:
Doesn’t appeal to me now, they are only having matches on one lake, I used to like the variety.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
1. Seatbox
2. Sidetray
3. Attachments (keepnet bar, feeder arm, pole sock, butt rest)
4. Landing net
5. Topkits
6. Rods
7. Bait
8. Rollers
9. Pole
10. Keepnets (generally 15 mins before all-in)