Pole Fishing in small Lakes - Surrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrspud

Hey,

Since I am getting bored with my normal haunts (Lizard lake in West Drayton etc), I was hoping that someione could point me int he right direction for a new venue?

Preferably somewhere suitable for pole fishing on small Lakes/pond for carp under 10Lb, tench, bream and Chub... Anywhere within 30 miles of Staines would be great. (hoping to go 3/4/5 May.

Any idea's?

Cheers

Spud

Mrspud

Yup, did Farlows a few times.

However, since posting the topic, I have decided to give Buryhill a go on Sunday. If anyone knows Buryhill, whicj of the two smaller lakes is better - Milton or Bonds? Also, does anyone know which pegs are fishing well and on what bait?

Cheers

Spuds

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Hi

Check out Peters report yesterday on Miltons in "where you fished today part 11 page 2". He fished peg 3 for loads of Crucians.

Dave

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Steve and welcome to Maggotdrowning.
Which of the two lakes??????? depends what you want.
Bonds is 20 pegs and is really nothing more than a small match carp lake.

Miltons on the other hand has 30 pegs and offers a bit more variety.

If you like Tench & Crucians with more than a few Rudd & Skimmers thrown in for good measure,this is the lake for you.Pegs 3 & 4 are great as nobody else can draw your fish away.

The only thing is that it can get real busy at the weekends so it might be an idea to phone first just to check that neither of the lakes has been booked for a match.
Telephone:
Bailiff/Boat Bookings: (01306) 883621
Estate Office: (01306) 877540

You can check out their website for more details HERE.

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Darren Kent

I regulary fish reen fields farm carp lake Wokingham this is full of carp averidge size 2lb, luncheon meat is best bait, in warm weather they climb up the rod.20-30 fish in a day quite common, am goin there tommorow let you Know reults

Status
Not open for further replies.