pole fishing how do you feed your peg ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete2k7

hi just wonding how all you guys feed you peg ?
what i do when i get 2 my peg i plum my float up and after that cup 2 cups of ground bait in then every hour aw so a kinda pot of pellets is this the right way ??

keiranrussell

i usually make a bed of feed before fishing, and contine to feed very often throughout the day every few minutes with little on often then occasionally cup in the groundbait to keep the bed of baid on a frenzy.

mudhead

I feed through a kinder cup. It forces you to feed regularly or there isnt enough feed going into the swim. Also its pretty hard to over feed as your only putting in a small amount at a time.

gillm

Get a pole pot. Preston and maver do them, they just clip on the your top section by the pole conector, and you Just fill it with feed, clip it on to your pole, ship out, then tip it into your swim and lower your float into that area. I just fill it everytime I ship out and it keeps the swim topped up.

gillm

Pole pot, cad pot and kinder pot are basicly the same thing by the way.

midge99

it all depend on the venue and the conditions what works one day may not the next, I prefere a cautous approach unless I know the venue will respond to a heavy feed approach

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Firstly I make my own pole pots. I carry various sizes and duplicates in the ones I use most.

Polepots.jpg

Second. Feeding will be different for different venues, different species. The way I feed a canal may not be the same as the way I feed for carp. And it can depend on the day.

So what are you fishing for and what type of venue? Most important, is it working?

Last edited:

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Neil, that water looks very mirky with lots of twigs and leaves floating about, couldn't you find a clearer swim? [:D]
Or is it sofa so good! [:O]

Sorry guys and gals, I'll get my coat!![:C]

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Originally posted by pete2k7

hi just wonding how all you guys feed you peg ?
what i do when i get 2 my peg i plum my float up and after that cup 2 cups of ground bait in then every hour aw so a kinda pot of pellets is this the right way ??

Just re-read the original post, I don't think my southern ears understood the accent.

I would say that if you are targetting carp thena Kinder pot of pellets every hour is nowhere near enough. Even a small carp would hoover that up in one go. You do need to feed to the fish. i.e. feed every time you put in after catching. But if you are not catching I would still feed a carp venue every five minutes or so. That way there will be a bed of feed for when they do show. And also small fish will probably be having the bait you put in anyway even if the carp aren't there.

There wikll be times you want to feed just with the kinder pot and others where catapulting will work.

Even on a prolific silvers water you need to feed. I recently won a club match on a silvers venue. 17lb of fish with nothing over 8 oz. I fed 6 pints of micros in 6 hours. All through a pole pot like in the picture.

adderton2

Why pot anyway. Doesn't it constrict the feed area.
I usualy lob three or four golf ball size crushed mix with pellet etc added as treets, then catty some hemp and micros. Covers a larger area than a pot and I believe allows more fish into the picknick area.

Smileybri

this really is a,how long is a piece of string type questions.
you could fill a book on all the permutations,venue,weather conditions,water temperature,species etc.
stick to the old adage of little and often and you wont go far wrong,as they say,you cant take it out

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Originally posted by adderton2

Why pot anyway. Doesn't it constrict the feed area.

Simple answer : Yes. I want the fish where my hookbait is, not spread over a couple of square metres.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.