Pole elastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe32

Can anybody reccomend a fairly durable pole elastic.I have just checked the middy stuff that i bought to redo my top kits.After you stretch it to its maximum a couple of times it snaps which is a bit a concern.Cheers guys.

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

martin.

Account Locked
what size lacy was it?

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

joe32

Hi Martin,I have bought a number of sizes but the one that has snapped is a 10,have yet to try the other sizes will try tonight.
But I'm not sure I'd have much confidence in them now.

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

poleroller

I always use prestons elastics never had a problem.Good stretch had a 16lb carp on 12 elastic thats been on there a while.
I never use anything else.
[:)]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Preston Fluro for me[:)]Never had it let me down yet.[;)]
Also the Drennan Power-Glo carp elastics.[;)]
Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

mike s

Milo or Sensas pure latex for me.

Cumbria Angling Centre

joe32

Thanks for all the advice and recomendations,Mike,dont you find that the pure latex varities have a bit to much stretch?
I have considered trying these types but the excessive stretch that i have heard about has put me off a bit.But will maybe give it a try and see how I get on.

Polepot

Poles
I have used Prestons Milo, and several others. To me without doubt, Vespe is the best I have found it to be long lasting and consistantly smooth running. I would add that I do not use and slip agent apart from pond.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

i always use future pro match, never had trouble with it. lain toombs did a test on pole elatics in this months edition of improve your coarse fishing, the three that came out on top were drennan power glo carp, future pro match & middy high glow.
tight lines

Robc_darlo

Now then sorry but i have forgotten the name of the elastic i use but its about 10 a spool for the price u would need to be mad to pay it but since the first time i have used it i have never lost a fish. It goes for miles however a crows craw has got to be used for this elastic as the inside is filled with lubicant

[:D][:D]bobby[}:)][xx(]

matt

Site Supporter
Robc, do you mean hydroelastic which is now marketed by daiwa? I use the black hydro for the majority of my carp fishing in open water. Due to the hollow liquid filled core it does not suffer from 'bottoming out' when playing a big fish, and is also softer on the strike and doesn't bump off the smaller fish.
As for a tenner, i think it's more like 15 quid, but a couple of other manufacturers are now selling dual core laggys without the internal liquid for around a tenner[:D]
For all other elastics i use the Vespe latex which i have found to be a good reliable choice[^]

HEY DUDE............

GAZZA

MUST SAY VESPE LACCY FOR ME TO ,BUT FOR THE SMALL MATCH CARP FISHING I THINK THE MAVER LATEX NUMBER 6'S IS THE BEST IVE USED YET.......

GARY-MELLING

jon_green

ive found the kamasan pole elastic to be awesome. i havent had it stretch on me or break. in any size. a recent review in improve ya course fishin also said it was one of the 3 most durable elastics along with drennan carp and something else i cant remember. not vespe or preston.

Status
Not open for further replies.