pole elastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

timber

built for comfort
please help i have just bought a maver grim reaper pole and want to tackle my local carp water with it .the pole came supplied with a spare top three which i want to elasticate for carp,the question is do i elasticate the top two or the top three sections hoping to land carp up to 15lb+. oh by the way my local carp lake is greenhalgh fishery nr blackpool if that helps many thanks dave.

big dave

TINY

Tiny
Ive elasticated 2s and 3s for people in my shop Timber.I think it must be a matter of preference.

Andy.

leemays

it will help u to beat bigger fish like that size in open water but is slightly harder to land fish with laggy through 3 sections if its set soft

Brian Mac

I tried elastic through 3 sections but really had trouble controlling carp over 3lb. I ended up with so much elastic out when I shipped back that it became impossible to land fish. I went back to a number 12 through a power top 2 and once again got the control back.

Brian

joe1987

'Darwener'
The man in my shop told me i didnt need my top section as i was putting a no.14 laccy in! Is this normal?

Toodlepip
**Joe-boy**

everyready

well have a laff now .i have a colmic 12 mtr pole and use it for carp bashing 16/18 elastic no top 3 tied at bottom end with three lengths tyed together in a loop about 2foot long. i have not found any carp so far that it will not stop.where i fish large lake 50 ft deep and this stops them ,most carp around 18lbs but have had a 21 lbs on the pole good fun .always fish full 12mtr set up so you can push the fish out to stop it running straight out ,you have to turn them quick if they run straight out [:D]

timber

built for comfort
thanks everybody just found out i can get a long power top two for my pole so will get one and use that many thanks big dave.

big dave

Status
Not open for further replies.