Pole elastic tension

Billy the fish 1954

Hi guys, looking for a bit of advise please, fishing a margin on local water it’s has an inlet tight to the peg so only top kit, Preston monster margin, set up is .5 float 8 no 8 bulk 4 inch hook length of 8lbs, elastic is slik 16-18, hair rigged punched meat on a 12,
Have landed and Los quite a few lumps to upper doubles, some I expect foul hooked tried setting the elastic tight on the puller bung seems to work. Problem there is a large Lilly bed 3 meters past my peg that’s were most fish head for, would I be better to up elastic or up the tension, only feeding to get a bite chopped fine meat with corn.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Swims like that make it unlikely you will get all the big fish you hook into the net but as Total says above a traditional solid elastic like the blue middy or similar plus adding sections to the pole will give you your best chance.

davej1981

Ditch the slik and put a solid in. All these hollow and sliks and very much the in thing, and people tend to use them for every situation. As soon as i get anywhere near snags the solid is coming out. I love sliks in open water and for when its a real mixed bag a every put in can result in a different size fish but for out and out lumps in a margin its a solid all the way