Pole Dilemna.... Tricast????

Longy071087

Evening all,
I’m in the market for a new pole and have £1500 to spend, have been going back and forth between the MTX 3 and G90..... however I am hearing that the tricast perception is the one to go for??

Im looking to get something ordered in the next week or so but can’t get out for a waggle. Does anyone have an unbiased opinion of the Tri-Cast Perception? What’s it like at length etc? And what’s the price of top kits like in comparison with other brands?
Thanks as always
Longy

johnfranks

Site Supporter
I have a Perception, does all I want it to do. Strong enough so I ditched my margin pole. But also use it for silvers, no complaints so far. I changed the package and got the 14m with 4 match kits and 4 big bore kits and a short 3. Think it cost me £1350. That included bushes and side pulla bushes fitted.
That carp I'm holding is the first fish I had on it lol

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Evening all,
I’m in the market for a new pole and have £1500 to spend, have been going back and forth between the MTX 3 and G90..... however I am hearing that the tricast perception is the one to go for??

Im looking to get something ordered in the next week or so but can’t get out for a waggle. Does anyone have an unbiased opinion of the Tri-Cast Perception? What’s it like at length etc? And what’s the price of top kits like in comparison with other brands?
Thanks as always
Longy
Ive had 4 tricast poles ,all excellent , not tried perception but have heard its really very good from a few people . Watched a few reviews on youtube saying its a £2000 plus pole in reality. I had the iconic which i really liked to 13m the perception from what im told is up close to the 980

sporty

Site Supporter
Personally I think it's well worth considering where the pole is made now given the very uncertain world trade situation , I would go with the Daiwa or Tricast

Fishfinderuk

I'd highly recommend the perception over the mtx 3,I made the mistake of going for the mtx3 with trying the perception first,..mtx went back and got the perception,much better wall strength. Dont get me wrong the mtx is verygood but the perception is better.

Fishfinderuk

Personally I think it's well worth considering where the pole is made now given the very uncertain world trade situation , I would go with the Daiwa or Tricast
I couldn't agree more,I've a few middy poles on order,and to be fair its gone from mid April to 10th May,and I'm not convinced I will even get it by then.i think its looking like xs 90 here I come.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Nobody has covered the issue of top kit prices which you mentioned. They are at the higher end, c£95 for a match, power or f1 kit and given it’s a new mandrel unlikely there will be many secondhand on eBay. I think you need to price up the package you want and then compare, because others like the Preston xs70 (£1800) might come into the equation which has a bigger package and cheaper top kits (and secondhand more available). I’m not recommending the Preston and have previously owned and liked a tricast and would consider them for my next pole.

Paul.P

Perception top kits are £80 for power & match top 2's, & around £60 for the F1ST.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Can’t see these prices anywhere. The 980 top kit have a ssp of £99 (big bore), £129 (match) on the tricast website (rrp are £129 and £169). Perception not even on tricast website. The prices I quoted were off eBay. I’m interested as the top kit prices put me off a bit.

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
My last 3 poles have been flagship Tri-cast poles and never broken a top kit in 10 years, very strong top kits and that's using all match kits for carp, used to own Maver and Daiwa poles and broke top kits with both. The thing with Tri-cast is they keep the mandrels so even if the pole goes out of production you can still order spares many years later.

Paul.P

Can’t see these prices anywhere. The 980 top kit have a ssp of £99 (big bore), £129 (match) on the tricast website (rrp are £129 and £169). Perception not even on tricast website. The prices I quoted were off eBay. I’m interested as the top kit prices put me off a bit.
If you look on Tricast facebook page the perception prices are all there in one of the write ups, but i know how much the top 2's are cause i've just bought some from Leigh tackle.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I would never buy something so expensive on reviews from people on forums, speak to some people on the bank to get the information.

Fishfinderuk

Most people on forums do actually fish,and give very good advice.i have had a few perception poles,and I highly recommend them,I don't think there's anything better at 14mtr to compare it with at its price point.as Paul p has already said,there very little difference between the 980 and perception at 14mtr.