Pole blockage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
Yet again, for the second time since I have been pole fishing I have a bit of an elastic jammed in the very first section of my pole. I cut the bung and connector off and tried to pull the elastic out through the thinnest end of the pole and somehow it got stuck towards the very end of the pole so I continued pulling until the elastic snapped. Now I have a bit of elastic stuck about 5-6 inches from the end of the pole. I have tried to dislodge it using a diamond eyed threader but it is not stiff enough. I am sure that a push will dislodge it - but i can't think of anything thin enough and stiff enough - any ideas?
thanks

norm

i used a welding rod

very thin and strong

Simon R

Site Supporter
I know this might sound a bit daft - but have you tried blowing or sucking it out?

It worked for me when the same thing happened.

Other than that the only thing I can think of that would be stiff and long enough is a copper brazing rod.

Tight Lines

Simon

rob27

peg nine
Do you know where I could get a welding rod or a copper brazing rod from?
thanks

jonesr

Rob, have you tried a fine knitting needle? Or a trip to a drapers shop that can supply a long darning needle.Also pour in a drop of pole lubricant before you start. But your main problem is you are not cutting back far enough for the size of elastic your are using!

Ron J.

Age isn't everything!experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

Last edited:

Chopper

Try submerging the tip end in a sink full of water and sucking water up through it.

If I've got a bit of laggy hanging out of the end of my pole when fishing, I dip the end in the water and suck up through my number 3 section. The elastic always shoots back up into the pole so I cant see why it wouldn't work in your situation?

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Jeff

Hi Rob,
I have done this myself. After cutting the elastic from the bung and tried pulling it through the thin end of the pole I then realised that I had left the knot in the elastic at the bung end and this was what I was trying to pull through the pole tip. I cut the straight length from a coat hanger and used that, Together with some Hot water and soap. I used hot water because I thought it might shrink the elastic a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.