pole balance vs weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adzinderbyshire

now I finally understand the significance of a well balanced a pole! I have recently bought a garbolino gmax and I wouldn't say it's the 'lightest' but I would say it is the most comfortable and easy to handle pole at 14.5/16m I have ever held.

Fished with it at 16m for 4 hours tonight shipping in and out repeatedly while catching small roach and it was an absolute dream. So the moral of the story is buy a pole based upon its stated weight at your peril!

in line feeder

Interested to hear your comments, is the pole the gmax700 and does it slide easy through your hands when shipping back. I had the Garbolino Power Legion pole which I loved, but have now sold it.

I am on the look out for a new pole and the Garbolino gmax700 is a pole I wanted to look at, have you bought any spares for it yet? and if so did you have to wait long to receive them

adzinderbyshire

mine is the gmax 800 mate, the finish is brilliant although the painted butt sections are a little sticky when wet. I've heard spares can be a pain if your local shop needs to order them, I live near several big shops that hold stock though so doesn't concern me too much.

I've tried the gmax 700 at a pole alley and it is very stiff at 14.5m but probably a bit heavier than my 800 and I suspect there would be a fair difference at 16m.

Status
Not open for further replies.